Velocity Reviews

-   -   Reset Card?? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t664213-reset-card.html)

lizzieb 05-25-2005 12:16 PM

Reset Card??

Hi

Anyone come across one of these? Are they any good?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...ADME:W:WR:UK:2
Thanks

returnoftheyeti@aol.com 05-27-2005 03:06 AM

Re: Reset Card??

Sounds like Deep Freeze (http://www.faronics.com/html/deepfreeze.asp)
on a chip. Basically the software for deep freeze runs on a Flash
Memory chip.

I suppose it could be useful, and it probally works, but, untill the
technology matures and a "Name Brand" is available I don't think i
would trust it. Its probally a lot like the Ginsu knives you see on
late night TV. I've worked with Deep Freeze before and its a great
product, but it has some related problems. First you cant save
anything with out unfreezing it first. Plus if I have problems, I've
always been able to restore the PC from a master image file. So for
home users, probally not a good idea.