Velocity Reviews

-   -   my desktop dead (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t664106-my-desktop-dead.html)

ItalianPcSpeck 04-14-2005 01:37 PM

my desktop dead

my Desktop Pc is dead. power signal and hard disk light are on but the
monitor don't receive power and the computer doesn't start his activities
with the classical bip. Could be a problem with the cmos battery? bye thx

Spammy Sammy 04-16-2005 03:07 PM

Re: my desktop dead

"ItalianPcSpeck" <sitrim1@tin.it> wrote in message
> my Desktop Pc is dead. power signal and hard disk light are on but the
> monitor don't receive power and the computer doesn't start his activities
> with the classical bip. Could be a problem with the cmos battery? bye thx

Se la batteria di CMOS fosse guasto il sistema lavoro tranquillo ma non
manterrebbe il tempo e la data. Se il bordo ha a bordo del video mettere una
scheda dentro preferibilmente. Se giÓ fate provare una scheda un altro.
Provi l'altra memoria. Provando le parti differenti in una buona macchina
potete identificare il settore problematico. Se niente funziona allora lo
schiavo il vostro azionamento duro in altra macchina.

plazticsoul 04-16-2005 08:38 PM

Re: my desktop dead

"Mark Mandell" <msmandl@earthlink.net> wrote in message
news:Lgw7e.6844$sp3.1228@newsread3.news.atl.earthl ink.net...

> "ItalianPcSpeck" <sitrim1@tin.it> wrote in message
>> my Desktop Pc is dead. power signal and hard disk light are on but the
>> monitor don't receive power and the computer doesn't start his activities
>> with the classical bip. Could be a problem with the cmos battery? bye thx
>>

> Or bad RAM or even a dead mobo(based on your statement about there not
> being the 'classical bip').

Is the video onboard or is it a seperate card?

Paul 04-17-2005 03:10 PM

Re: my desktop dead

"ItalianPcSpeck" <sitrim1@tin.it> wrote in message
> my Desktop Pc is dead. power signal and hard disk light are on but the
> monitor don't receive power and the computer doesn't start his activities
> with the classical bip. Could be a problem with the cmos battery? bye thx

It's not the CMOS battery (I don't think, anyway)

Does the monitor really not receive power or do you mean just no picture?

Is it AT or ATX?

Have you tried disconnecting Floppy cables, HDD cables, and PCI cards? Just
PWR, MoBo and CPU. Still no beep?

richie2k5 04-22-2005 05:47 PM

Re: my desktop dead

:? maybe ur speaker wire got disconnected from the MoBo. or maybe the
speaker is dead. how about the PSU's fan: is it spining.
Is ur monitor light in standby mode (orange or yellow) or is it
displaying a green light.

the_angry_monkey 04-26-2005 08:46 AM

Re: my desktop dead

If the power comes on, fans spin but nothing happens it is usually one
of 2 things:

Dead mobo (usually a failed capacitor according to an article I was
reading recently)

Dead processor - although this usually results in power coming on then
going off very quickly again.

a RAM problem should produce a beep code, as should a graphics
problem. An error which produces no beeps is usually fundamental. Try
finding a new mobo to test your CPU in - though I'd not recommend
trying another CPU in your mobo just in case it was problematic and
fried the CPU as well.