Velocity Reviews

-   -   Dell Certification (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t663807-dell-certification.html)

AgentX 01-06-2005 12:01 AM

Dell Certification

Are there any Dell certified techs out there? I am interested in this
certification(actually my boss is) and need some information. What is the
best way to become certified to do warranty work?

J Figueredo 01-06-2005 03:26 PM

Re: Dell Certification

www.dell.com

AgentX 01-06-2005 04:54 PM

Re: Dell Certification

Thanks for the info..But there are 3 certifications? Which one is best to
pursue if I am interested in doing warranty work?
I ask that, knowing that Dell won't send me work, but like I said...this
isn't my idea.

news:PKcDd.64506$6V1.16862@bignews3.bellsouth.net. ..

Bum 01-06-2005 05:17 PM

Re: Dell Certification

"AgentX" <racerx@mach5.net> wrote in news:vO6dnSUk45as8EDcRVn-
sw@comcast.com:

> Thanks for the info..But there are 3 certifications? Which one is best

> pursue if I am interested in doing warranty work?
> I ask that, knowing that Dell won't send me work, but like I

said...this
> isn't my idea.
>
> "J Figueredo" <jfigueredoNOSPAM@excite.com> wrote in message
> news:PKcDd.64506$6V1.16862@bignews3.bellsouth.net. ..
>> www.dell.com
>>

>> "AgentX" <racerx@mach5.net> wrote in message
>> > Are there any Dell certified techs out there? I am interested in

this
>> > certification(actually my boss is) and need some information. What

is
> the
>> > best way to become certified to do warranty work?

Dell Warranty Parts Direct Certified Technician (WPD)
The Warranty Parts Direct Program is a warranty service and support plan
designed specifically for IS Professionals who have technical expertise
in diagnosing and servicing computer systems. Customers who meet program
requirements may enroll as a self maintainer, or appoint a service
provider to provide warranty support for their Dell systems. To utilize
the services of the program, technicians are required to pass a Warranty
Parts Direct proficiency examination for each of the product families
they intend to service and support. The program requirements are
available by visiting the Warranty Parts Direct Program website.

http://warrantypartsdirect.dell.com/

AgentX 01-07-2005 12:14 AM

Re: Dell Certification

Is this the "certification" where there is no prerequisite and the test is
open book?