Velocity Reviews

-   -   windows update problem (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t663563-windows-update-problem.html)

me 09-29-2004 02:47 PM

windows update problem

I have had a problem accessing windows update. I get the error "system time
is out of sync with time on update certificate, please correct system time
and try again". Anyone else seen this, and were you able to get the problem
corrected, and if so, how?

Jamco 09-29-2004 04:59 PM

Re: windows update problem

try correcting the system time
news:YPz6d.210041$%n4.172150@bignews6.bellsouth.ne t...

AG 09-30-2004 04:09 PM

Re: windows update problem

"Jamco" <Homer@jamco.com> wrote in message
> try correcting the system time
> "me" <me@nospam.com> wrote in message
> news:YPz6d.210041$%n4.172150@bignews6.bellsouth.ne t...
> >I have had a problem accessing windows update. I get the error "system
> >time
> > is out of sync with time on update certificate, please correct system

time
> > and try again". Anyone else seen this, and were you able to get the
> > problem
> > corrected, and if so, how?

If his suggestion doesn't work try putting that error into Google and see
what comes up.
AG

goorken 10-06-2004 04:46 AM

Re: windows update problem

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 10:47:36 -0400, "me" <me@nospam.com> wrote:

>I have had a problem accessing windows update. I get the error "system time
>is out of sync with time on update certificate, please correct system time
>and try again". Anyone else seen this, and were you able to get the problem
>corrected, and if so, how?

hiyas, i recently had this problem myself, and coulden't figure the
problem, and all of a sudden , my machine is winxp, btw, i coulden,t
get into hardware manager or the ctrl+alt+del and see what was running
in the background, i ended up reloading windows after renameing the
windows folder, and found several virii and trojans lurking in the old
windows folder, fixed and repaired it all and deleted the old stuff,
been good since