Velocity Reviews

-   -   A+ certification (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t663404-a-certification.html)

mccormickkm 08-15-2004 05:35 AM

A+ certification

i'm in my second year of geting my associates in networking i'm
interested in the A+ certification what books should i study to
prepare me for the exam to be certified.
i have a michael myers fourth edition is that aneauf or should i read
another if so what else?
==============

graham 08-15-2004 08:20 AM

Re: A+ certification

mccormickkm wrote:

> i'm in my second year of geting my associates in networking i'm
> interested in the A+ certification what books should i study to
> prepare me for the exam to be certified.
> i have a michael myers fourth edition is that aneauf or should i read
> another if so what else?
> ==============
> For this group's frequently asked questions, check out www.CertFAQ.com

go for the 5th edition of the Mike Myers book, it covers a lot of the
newer stuff, including XP, wireless, touch pads etc.. Well worth the
money, it sure helped me, I had the 4th edition, and felt it wasn't
helping me with all the latest developments.
Graham A+

mccormickkm 08-16-2004 03:34 AM

Re: A+ certification

thanks sincerely mccormickkm

p.s.- Is the michael myers fifth edition all i need or should i study
other books to help out with preparing for the certification what do
you recommend?
==============

bobG 08-17-2004 01:02 AM

Re: A+ certification

mrsjmccormick@cox-dot-net.no-spam.invalid (mccormickkm) wrote in message news:<41202b3e$1_7@news.athenanews.com>...
> thanks sincerely mccormickkm
>
> p.s.- Is the michael myers fifth edition all i need or should i study
> other books to help out with preparing for the certification what do
> you recommend?
> ==============
> For this group's frequently asked questions, check out www.CertFAQ.com

I agree with Graham-

Get the 5th ed. Another good book for review is Meyers' Passport
series A+ 2nd ed.

Use the practice tests which come with the books. Another thing is
that you can get a bundle from www.totalsem.com which has 2 exam
vouchers and 1100 practice questions for less than the full price cost
of the 2 exams ~$200. Full price for each exam is $145. Don't pay full
price, whatever you decide. There are plenty of sites willing to sell
vouchers for either of the 2 test companies,Thomson/Prometric and
Pearson/Vue.

I also used http://www.freecomptia.com for practice tests, although I
found some factual errors in their questions. I also used the Exam
Cram2 book and their CD ROM practice test engine - some of it was
better detailed than Meyers', but again, some of it was poorly edited
and somewhat factually incorrect; their errata page was not up to
date. Meyers' errata is updated, and they respond to your questions.

http://www.techexams.net/cotechnotes.shtml is another good resource.

The more broad based your data, the better off you are, IMHO.

YMMV,

Bob