Velocity Reviews

-   -   when you pass the A+ (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t663362-when-you-pass-the-a.html)

fat D | deltree 07-28-2004 09:33 PM

when you pass the A+

i'm currently reading Mike Meyers all-in-one A+ book, and i'm
interested in what you get when you pass. is it just a card? or a
paper? or what?
==============

TechGeekPro 07-28-2004 09:52 PM

Re: when you pass the A+

On Jul 28, 2004 "fat D | deltree" blathered:

> i'm currently reading Mike Meyers all-in-one A+ book, and i'm
> interested in what you get when you pass. is it just a card? or a
> paper? or what?

Yes.

--
TechGeekPro - MCSA, A+, Net+, i-Net+

Tom MacIntyre 07-28-2004 11:11 PM

Re: when you pass the A+

On 28 Jul 2004 17:33:34 -0400,
turtle@saladshooters-dot-com.no-spam.invalid (fat D | deltree) wrote:

>i'm currently reading Mike Meyers all-in-one A+ book, and i'm
>interested in what you get when you pass. is it just a card? or a
>paper? or what?
>==============
>For this group's frequently asked questions, check out www.CertFAQ.com

At first you get your score sheet, which includes an analysis of
strengths and weaknesses. That happens right after you complete the
test, at the testing center. Then, several weeks later, you get a card
and a certificate. This based on my experience over 4 years ago.

Tom

Patrick Michael 07-29-2004 04:12 PM

Re: when you pass the A+

"fat D | deltree" <turtle@saladshooters-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote in
message news:41081bae$1_7@news.athenanews.com...
> i'm currently reading Mike Meyers all-in-one A+ book, and i'm
> interested in what you get when you pass. is it just a card? or a
> paper? or what?
> ==============
> For this group's frequently asked questions, check out www.CertFAQ.com

You get a really crappy certificate and an equally card that isn't even
laminated.... Definitely worth $200..NOT

billybronco 07-29-2004 07:04 PM

Re: when you pass the A+

"Patrick Michael" <heismanpat@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> You get a really crappy certificate and an equally card that isn't even
> laminated.... Definitely worth $200..NOT

How easy would it be to fake that certificate?. I could pass the A+ whilst
taking a dump, but have neither the time, nor energy to bother.

Tom MacIntyre 07-29-2004 08:04 PM

Re: when you pass the A+

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 20:04:30 +0100, "billybronco"
<not@notnotnotnotnotandnot.com> wrote:

>"Patrick Michael" <heismanpat@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>
>> You get a really crappy certificate and an equally card that isn't even
>> laminated.... Definitely worth $200..NOT
>>

>How easy would it be to fake that certificate?. I could pass the A+ whilst
>taking a dump, but have neither the time, nor energy to bother.

No more difficult than to fake a university degree, I'd think. Dozens
of e-mail offers a month here for that "service".

Tom

Brian M. 07-29-2004 11:42 PM

Re: when you pass the A+

kinda hard to fake it when your employer asks you to "publish" the cert or
is a compTIA member. the test isn't that hard, and $200 isn't that much for
a lifetime cert.

Tom MacIntyre 07-30-2004 08:04 PM

Re: when you pass the A+

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 19:42:30 -0400, "Brian M."
<thedigitalphilosopher@yahoo.com> wrote:

>kinda hard to fake it when your employer asks you to "publish" the cert or
>is a compTIA member. the test isn't that hard, and $200 isn't that much for
>a lifetime cert.

Right, but just about any paper certificate these days is easy to
fake. Some plastic cards can be quite another story.

Tom