Velocity Reviews

-   -   Maxblast software (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t663091-maxblast-software.html)

John Coode 05-25-2004 11:58 AM

Maxblast software

I am building a system with 2 120Gb SATA drives from Maxtor. Their website
strongly recommends using their Maxblast software to format and partition
the
drives. Previously I have always used fdisk (or gdisk) with Win98 and Disk
Manager in 2000 and XP. So, are there any advantages to using Maxblast or is
it some kind of
proprietary overlay which could cause problems later?

John Coode 05-25-2004 02:51 PM

Re: Maxblast software

> I would recommend avoiding the mfgrs. installation software unless there
> is a specific reason to use it, which there should not be for a 120 gig
> drive.

Thanks. That confirms my gut feeling. I'll stick with the native XP tools.

Edward A. Weissbard 06-10-2004 12:40 AM

Re: Maxblast software

John,

I agree with Barry......................there really should not be a reason
why you would have to use the proprietary software. It'd sitck with OS
software.

Edward W.
El Paso, TX