Velocity Reviews

-   -   solution for XP errors: windows delayed write failure,cannot save data,disk full? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t663082-solution-for-xp-errors-windows-delayed-write-failure-cannot-save-data-disk-full.html)

Joe 05-23-2004 07:14 PM

solution for XP errors: windows delayed write failure,cannot save data,disk full?

getting these errors on windows XP home, after reinstalled XP,restored
older data from external HD,via USB 2,using drive image 7

windows delayed write failure,cannot save data,disk full etc

Iv been reading for days all over the web,this is a common problem,but
after trying several solutions still nothing

now I cant even open/install some exe. files i downloaded

Patrick Michael 05-23-2004 10:27 PM

Re: solution for XP errors: windows delayed write failure,cannot save data,disk full?

"Joe" <duah@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:2c04504f.0405231114.5d15488e@posting.google.c om...
> getting these errors on windows XP home, after reinstalled XP,restored
> older data from external HD,via USB 2,using drive image 7
>
> windows delayed write failure,cannot save data,disk full etc
>
> Iv been reading for days all over the web,this is a common problem,but
> after trying several solutions still nothing
>
> now I cant even open/install some exe. files i downloaded

Well, perhaps this is asking the obvious, but is the hard drive full? If
it's not, and you're getting all kinds of hard-drive errors, it might be
that the hard drive is going bad.

Robert 05-24-2004 11:04 PM

Re: solution for XP errors: windows delayed write failure,cannot save data,disk full?

Are you using an ATI Radeon video card?
If the Performance options under system properties advanced tab are set to
large system cache or priority for system cache on Win XP this can cause
these errors with some of the Catalyst drivers.

Joe 05-25-2004 12:20 AM

Re: solution for XP errors: windows delayed write failure,cannot save data,disk full?

no,its not full,has passed dx tests,if you look in google,these
errrors are common,but no simple solution

Joe 05-25-2004 06:04 PM

Re: solution for XP errors: windows delayed write failure,cannot save data,disk full?

no,its SiS 300/305/630/540/730 [Display adapter] built in PC chips mobo