Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: isp advice..should i switch to adelphia from sprint dsl (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t663059-re-isp-advice-should-i-switch-to-adelphia-from-sprint-dsl.html)

chris 05-17-2004 07:07 PM

Re: isp advice..should i switch to adelphia from sprint dsl

Simplified connection

DSL

PC ---------->Dedicated -------------> DSL main switch --> all lines come in
to here ------ (( Internet ))
When main switch is full, no more connections

Cable

PC ----Dedicated---> Cable Node --------> Router -----> (( Internet ))
When node is full, split node and add new routers.

Not much difference

DSL is not a dedicated internet connection in the sence they are marketing
it to you. DSL bottlenecks at the central station where it is shared. Cable
shares a little bit closer to your house.