Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: ftp pasv and microsoft client (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t663019-re-ftp-pasv-and-microsoft-client.html)

Geoff 05-07-2004 12:08 PM

Re: ftp pasv and microsoft client

> If its Active, is there a way I can force the dos ftp client to run in
> PASV mode?

it doesn't do pasv mode

Geoff 05-07-2004 03:15 PM

Drew wrote:
> Thanks for the speedy reply. Can anyone suggest what ftp client I
> should use for doing pasv mode transfers?
>
> Drew
>

> On Fri, 7 May 2004 13:08:18 +0100, "Geoff" <fooooooool@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>>> If its Active, is there a way I can force the dos ftp client to run
>>> in PASV mode?

>> it doesn't do pasv mode

nothing i know on the cmd line(anyone??)
bullet proof ftp is good though

AG 05-07-2004 07:51 PM

Re: ftp pasv and microsoft client

It's not command line but I'm using Filezilla here and I like it a bunch.
It's free too.
I've been using it for a couple of weeks with uniformly excellent results.
I've used the Linux command line lots of times go get files.
AG

AG 05-12-2004 03:58 PM

"SchroedingerzKat" <schroedingerzkat@aol.com> wrote in message
> >It's not command line but I'm using Filezilla here and I like it a bunch.
> >It's free too.
> >I've been using it for a couple of weeks with uniformly excellent

results.
> >I've used the Linux command line lots of times go get files.

> I use wget almost exclusively for any file greater than a few meg. It's
> command line, but I'm sure there are GUI front ends. Works on win with a
> couple of DLL's.
>
> wget ftp://ftp.com/file to start, and wget -c ftp://ftp.com/file to

continue.

> I suppose it does either mode, but I haven't checked.
>
> Michael

My biggest problem with Linux FTP is that when I FTP directly into external
sites and download large files I can use up ALL of our extra bandwidth. :-)
That really slows down everything else like the other administrators who are
Secure Shelling into the servers. Lately I've had to either use Win98 to
download or use a download program and slow the download down.
AG