Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: NetZero???? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t663003-re-netzero.html)

AG 05-03-2004 06:55 PM

Re: NetZero????

"SBFan2000" <webmaster@glenngriffith.com> wrote in message
news:109d32c44s8g795@corp.supernews.com...
> Anyone have any experience with netzero, highspeed? I live in the middle

of
> absolutely nowhere and dial-up is my only choice without getting extremely
> expense. Was looking at netzero highspeed. Is it really an faster? What
> are their downsides?

I talked to a new customer the other day and he said that he had tried it.
They use compressed graphics and if you want to look at pictures it doesn't
work well.
My customer was very disappointed and went with our regular dial up instead.
AG

Chris E 05-03-2004 10:25 PM

Re: NetZero????

I read in PG Mag that there are settings that can be changed on the fly in
order to view pictures and the like, of course, you give up speed to do
this. Basically, you can switch back and forth between their "high-speed"
and regular dial-up services (where caching and graphics compression are not
a factor). Keep in mind that high-speed dial-up does not broaden the pipes
per say. Streaming video or downloading software will not benefit at all.
I'm so glad I live in town for Internet access. Choices are a nice thing.
I've never dealt with NetZero, but I can't see how it can hurt to try out,
considering the price. Later

Chris
A+, Net+

AG 05-04-2004 11:52 AM

Re: NetZero????

"SBFan2000" <webmaster@glenngriffith.com> wrote in message

SNIP

> I didn't like the fact that netzero has fee based tech support. Although

> don't need it, it just seems greedy to charge $2 a minute.
>
> Thanks to everyone for their inputs,
>
> Glenn
> "Chris E" <evans364@mchsi.com> wrote in message

Fee based support!!! Now there's an idea to tick off your customers. I
spend at least 3-5 hours a day with a headset on talking to people about why
their computers won't connect or what ever.
I had one yesterday with the phone wire plugged into the NIC and for some
reason it wouldn't dial. SIGH :-)
AG