Velocity Reviews

-   -   No Sound (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t662987-no-sound.html)

Pete 04-27-2004 01:48 PM

No Sound

Hi Guys

Please help

I have no sound !! I have updated the driver, Changed speakers, but still
no sound unless you turn the volume up and you can just hear the track.

Whats wrong ?

Pete

Nigel Kendrick 04-28-2004 12:59 AM

Re: No Sound

"Pete" <emailpete@no.spam.blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi Guys
>
> Please help
>
> I have no sound !! I have updated the driver, Changed speakers, but

still
> no sound unless you turn the volume up and you can just hear the track.
>
> Whats wrong ?
>
> Pete

First checks:

1) You have a sound card with only a low-level 'line out' signal (for an
amplifier/amplifed speakers) rather than 'speaker out', and your speakers do
not have a built in amplifier.

As a quick check, do your speakers have a power adaptor and/or battery
compartment or do they just plug in to the 'sound out' on your sound card
with no further wiring?

or

2) Your sound card actually does have a 'speaker out' socket but you've
plugged in to the low-level 'line out' socket - check the possibilities on
the back of your sound card.

NK