Velocity Reviews

-   -   Just passed my A+ (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t662953-just-passed-my-a.html)

Min 04-19-2004 08:04 PM

Just passed my A+

Hello,

Just passed A+ OS and Hardware. It wasnt hard, but a lot of stupid
questions I would say..... Now prepairing for Network+, gonna try this
week....

What next would you guys recommend inet+, server+ oe security+? Wich one is
the most valuable in terms of looking for a job?

Thanks

Jose 04-20-2004 12:11 AM

Re: Just passed my A+

Congratulations on your A+, the Network+ exam is not that difficult if you
study, as far suggestions for another cert, I would say go with either a
Microsoft MCP, MCSA, and/or MCSE if you like to break into the IT field,
also take a look at different articles on certifications at
www.certcities.com

Good luck,

Jose
MCSA, Network+, A+
Technical Trainer

Karkucus 04-20-2004 06:20 PM

Re: Just passed my A+

Looking toward A+ 2003 Certification , Here is great Link
for Excellent A+ 2003 Certification Guide,

http://www.studyexam4less.com/mb.asp
Also here is another Money saving idea for A+ Testing exam fee. buy voucher
and Scheduale the exam using A+ voucher for Only US $92.00 saving of
US $ 63
http://www.getcertify4less.com/mb.asp

sAxmAn 06-04-2004 02:37 AM

Re: Just passed my A+

Whilst not doubting the sincerity of this message, it begs the question, why
would anyone bother with these exams if all that is on offer at the end is
the prospect of flipping burgers or cleaning out bogs? Are you saying that
A+ or other exams are a waste of time?

"cybersoldier01" <cybersoldier01@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:YsYgc.1029$gH6.847@newsread3.news.atl.earthli nk.net...
> I am assuming that you are either not working in the IT world right now,

or
> are in between jobs. If you are unemployed, I completely understand your
> position - I was laid off myself about two years ago, two months after

9/11
> and in the worst tech market possible. Thankfully, I was offered a

position
> not long after that and am still there today.
>
> With that in mind:
>
> 1) Short term goal - Get a job. *Any* job. If you are ultimately

worried
> about paying bills and supporting a family, you have to be able to put IT
> aside for the time being if necessary. I had a friend who was very, very
> particular about exactly what types of jobs he would or would not take,

even
> though he had already received his eviction notice - twice. He eventually
> was forced to move into a homeless shelter. (I was the one who gave him a
> ride there along with his stuff.) Nothing should be beneath you to do:
> Flipping burgers, washing cars, midnight security guard - anything.
>
> 2) Mid-range/long-range goal: Depends on which aspect(s) of IT that
> interest you. But if you just passed your A+, there is much foundational
> knowledge still waiting for you to explore and master. In a way, it

doesn't
> really matter which cert you should go for next on the list you gave us,

as
> long as you keep learning and gaining experience. (Whereas if you say you
> wanted to go for the CCIE right after you got your A+, I would say that

that

TechGeekPro 06-04-2004 04:51 AM

Re: Just passed my A+

The poster's original question(s) is a good one: "What next would you guys
recommend inet+, server+ oe security+? Wich one is the most valuable in
terms of looking for a job?"

I don't know the answer to the second question but here's my point of view.
I currently hold an A+ and MCP. I'm working on the Net+ to gain another cert
to add to my resume (and a vender neutral one to boot) and to use as an
elective for the MCSA. I was considering getting the Sec+ to use as an
elective for the MCSE but I've heard that it was very difficult and
considering that security isn't one of my strong points, I decided against
it. After that, I'm going to work on the i-Net+ because it is very similar
to the Net+, I have a lot of experience with Web site design/administration,
and you can convert it into a CIW (Certified Internet Webmaster) Associate.

Again, I don't know which one is more valuable in terms of looking for a
job, but I would be interested in what everyone else thinks about the
matter.

CIGuy 06-16-2004 04:39 AM

Re: Just passed my A+

i-net+ seems to be "easier" - from my point of view, and I'm no Web geek,
by any means. However, Server+ and Security+ seem to run in the same
circles, so to speak. i-net+ isn't going to get me much more pub or cash
in my job (net admin), so I'm looking longer term and running the server
and sec routes now. However, if you're looking for quick alphabet soup on
your sig or if your job offers more $$ or they have a heavy web presence,
i-net should be gravy for you. sec+ seems to command more money and
respect down here (SE US) Just my $.02

Bill