Velocity Reviews

-   -   Experience (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t662646-experience.html)

sixshot 02-15-2004 02:18 AM

Experience

Hey, guys. I'm new to this whole certification game so forgive me if
it seems like I'm asking stupid questions.

I plan on taking my A+ test in about a month. I've been reading some
to the different post on this board and a lot of people seem to be
saying that you need six months experience to really prepare you for
the test. I wanted to know any suggestions on how to get the
experience. I've read other post where people have gone to computer
stores and tried to intern there and were turned down.

Also, I was wondering what my job prospects were with just my A+ cert
for now. Should I try to go right for Network plus or try to get some
kind of experience in the IT field.

Any help would be greatly appreciatied. Thanks