Velocity Reviews

-   -   BSOD (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t662454-bsod.html)

Snag 01-03-2004 01:42 PM

BSOD

I'm having a crack at re-installing XP on my daughters notebook (Acer
travelmate 240) but I keep getting the BSOD at around the same point in the
installation, I've tried using a different installation CD with no luck.
I've reformatted the hard drive and tried again without any joy.

I'm thinking bad memory, any ideas?

Andy

Ghost 01-03-2004 02:19 PM

Re: BSOD

In article <ea21b$3ff6c6c9$52034214$8599@nf1.news-service.com>, "Snag"
<andy(DOT)geekboy()dropthis(AT)virgin.net> wrote:

> I'm having a crack at re-installing XP on my daughters notebook (Acer
> travelmate 240) but I keep getting the BSOD at around the same point in the
> installation, I've tried using a different installation CD with no luck.
> I've reformatted the hard drive and tried again without any joy.
>
> I'm thinking bad memory, any ideas?
>
> Andy

BSOD at the same place all the time with a wiped HDD? Yes, it appears to be RAM

R.A.D. 01-03-2004 03:54 PM

Re: BSOD

"Snag" <andy(DOT)geekboy()dropthis(AT)virgin.net> wrote in message
> I'm having a crack at re-installing XP on my daughters notebook (Acer
> travelmate 240) but I keep getting the BSOD at around the same point in

the
> installation, I've tried using a different installation CD with no luck.
> I've reformatted the hard drive and tried again without any joy.
>
> I'm thinking bad memory, any ideas?
>
> Andy

What is the stop error number you are getting?