Velocity Reviews

-   -   new geek wanting to take the A+ exam (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t662211-new-geek-wanting-to-take-the-a-exam.html)

Gary 11-26-2003 03:17 PM

new geek wanting to take the A+ exam

Hey guys,

I have worked in IT for a couple of years now and have even gone to A+
weeklong training at executrain. I am wanting to take the A+ exams and
I need to know the best stuff to study to prepare for them. Also, I
was wondering what direction to go in for my career. I work with
Novell 6 and Citrix but am not sure I should pursue those or
microsoft. Is Novell ancient technology on its way out?

Thanks!!

Geoff 11-26-2003 11:55 PM

Re: new geek wanting to take the A+ exam

Gary wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> I have worked in IT for a couple of years now and have even gone to A+
> weeklong training at executrain. I am wanting to take the A+ exams and
> I need to know the best stuff to study to prepare for them. Also, I
> was wondering what direction to go in for my career. I work with
> Novell 6 and Citrix but am not sure I should pursue those or
> microsoft. Is Novell ancient technology on its way out?
>
> Thanks!!

ya novell is not what it once was
do citrix only do remote desktop stuff or is it more than that ???
that bit must be taking a hit from m$'s RDP stuff, citrix still has a few
advantages, but not many really