Velocity Reviews

-   -   is it worth it?? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t662025-is-it-worth-it.html)

Chapo 10-28-2003 08:43 AM

is it worth it??

Hi, I'm studying for the A+ exams in Jan, and I'm from the UK. I was
wondering if there is any demand here in the UK for qualified engineers, or
is it just a waste of time. I've not seen any adverts in the local papers
for ages here now, and I'm beginning to think is it all worth the "pain" of
studying so hard..What's the demand like over in the States?? or indeed any
other part of the world?
Graham

--
"look for the ridiculous in everything and you will find it"

Dan Dawson 10-28-2003 03:57 PM

Re: is it worth it??

I am not sure about UK and US, but here in Canada, you can still find jobs
with A+ and some experience. But usually quite low paying jobs. I would say
around $10-$15/hour.

Dan.

news:3f9e2c1b$0$246$cc9e4d1f@news.dial.pipex.com.. .

Shadooby 10-29-2003 01:59 AM

Re: is it worth it??

In article <USAnb.5619$Px2.1034@newsread4.news.pas.earthlink. net>,
torgny@@direcway.com says...

>There is always a demand for qualified engineers but in my opinion there is
>no connection at all between them and an A+ certification. The A+ is a basic
>certification mostly covering basic helpdesk situations.

In fact having too much of a technical background will cause you to overthink
most of the A+ test material anyway!