Velocity Reviews

-   -   Registry corrurpted (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t661907-registry-corrurpted.html)

Raymond 10-10-2003 05:04 PM

Registry corrurpted

Hello folks, how do I scan my registry if I think it is corrupted in window
xp. I went to run from the start menu and typed in scanreg, but the command
won't work with window xp.

Thanks.

Tom MacIntyre 10-10-2003 11:32 PM

Re: Registry corrurpted

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 12:04:13 -0500, "Raymond"
<NotanEmailAddress@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Hello folks, how do I scan my registry if I think it is corrupted in window
>xp. I went to run from the start menu and typed in scanreg, but the command
>won't work with window xp.
>
>Thanks.

It's maybe not very corrupted if you can get to the Start menu...is
Restore/GoBack (whatever it is called; it's been awhile with ME/XP)
running? What makes you think it is corrupted, that is, what are the
symptoms?

Tom

Raymond 10-11-2003 05:29 AM

Re: Registry corrurpted

It's maybe not very corrupted if you can get to the Start menu...is
Restore/GoBack (whatever it is called; it's been awhile with ME/XP)
running? What makes you think it is corrupted, that is, what are the
symptoms?

You are right it is not corrupted if I am in window. However, I just want
to know a way to scan my registry in case I suspect it is corrupted. Window
9x and window 2000 have a program called scanreg, but the scanreg is not
working at the run menu in window xp. What is the scanreg for window xp?
is there a different command line?

Thanks

Geoff 10-11-2003 04:20 PM

Re: Registry corrurpted

Raymond wrote:
> It's maybe not very corrupted if you can get to the Start menu...is
> Restore/GoBack (whatever it is called; it's been awhile with ME/XP)
> running? What makes you think it is corrupted, that is, what are the
> symptoms?
>>>>>>

> You are right it is not corrupted if I am in window. However, I just
> want to know a way to scan my registry in case I suspect it is
> corrupted. Window 9x and window 2000 have a program called scanreg,
> but the scanreg is not working at the run menu in window xp. What is
> the scanreg for window xp? is there a different command line?
>
> Thanks

what makes you think your registary might be currupt ?
also, win2000 has a scanreg command?
news to me

Hill Street Blues 10-11-2003 10:03 PM

Re: Registry corrurpted

In article <bm9aj6$jr9dl$1@ID-17404.news.uni-berlin.de>,
fooooooool@hotmail.com says...
> Raymond wrote:
> > It's maybe not very corrupted if you can get to the Start menu...is
> > Restore/GoBack (whatever it is called; it's been awhile with ME/XP)
> > running? What makes you think it is corrupted, that is, what are the
> > symptoms?
> >>>>>>

> > You are right it is not corrupted if I am in window. However, I just
> > want to know a way to scan my registry in case I suspect it is
> > corrupted. Window 9x and window 2000 have a program called scanreg,
> > but the scanreg is not working at the run menu in window xp. What is
> > the scanreg for window xp? is there a different command line?
> >
> > Thanks

> what makes you think your registary might be currupt ?
> also, win2000 has a scanreg command?
> news to me

What usually works for me, is to boot up into safe mode press F8 at
start up, then run Norton Systemworks Professional right from the CD.
Choose the (WINDOCTOR) option from the menu, and have it do all the
tests. It never ceases to amaze me how many times this one program has
saved my butt. You really got to hand it to those people at Symantec.

Dan Dawson 10-22-2003 08:57 PM

Re: Registry corrurpted

Hi,

I have seen, Norton System Works 2003 PRO selling for $6.40 in the ebay. Is
it possible or am I getting something wrong. Because I saw the price on a
local computer store here in Canada and it was in the hundreds. I am new to
this business, please shed some light.

Thanks.
Dan.
news:MPG.19f24845b0997e0f9896c0@news.chartermi.net ...