Velocity Reviews

-   -   How can I combine two modem bandwidth? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t661828-how-can-i-combine-two-modem-bandwidth.html)

Jane Lee 09-25-2003 11:22 AM

How can I combine two modem bandwidth?

I have two identical modems. (not ISDN). How can i combine bandwidth
from both the modem to enhance my Internet connection speed? I do not
have static IP address. I am using windows 2000 server.
It seems that multilink is only working with ISDN, is there is a way
to combine PSTN modem speed.

Thanks.

AG 09-25-2003 06:33 PM

Re: How can I combine two modem bandwidth?

"Jane Lee" <sweet_jane_lee@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:124680c1.0309250322.5dafcfb1@posting.google.c om...
> I have two identical modems. (not ISDN). How can i combine bandwidth
> from both the modem to enhance my Internet connection speed? I do not
> have static IP address. I am using windows 2000 server.
> It seems that multilink is only working with ISDN, is there is a way
> to combine PSTN modem speed.
>
> Thanks.

Yes but you will need two accounts with your ISP to do it. Either that or
an account that will allow more than one connection. I know that the ISP
that I work at charges the same for a second connection as the first. Link
here:
http://www.pcworld.com/news/article.asp?aid=7416
AG

Geoff 09-26-2003 12:03 AM

Jane Lee wrote:
> I have two identical modems. (not ISDN). How can i combine bandwidth
> from both the modem to enhance my Internet connection speed? I do not
> have static IP address. I am using windows 2000 server.
> It seems that multilink is only working with ISDN, is there is a way
> to combine PSTN modem speed.
>
> Thanks.

doing channel bonding with 56k modems is not worth the bother, it's very
messy to get working at the best of times
isdn is easy, normal 56k is not

Steffi 09-27-2003 04:50 AM

Re: How can I combine two modem bandwidth?

Thanks AG. Nice peice of information. I also wanted this for my home network.

Steffi S.