Velocity Reviews

-   -   question about resetting password in Bios (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t661529-question-about-resetting-password-in-bios.html)

dzipp 08-09-2003 02:28 PM

question about resetting password in Bios

I thought I may try to find my answer here from the experts. I am working
with an old computer made in about 1996 The files on win 95 seem corrupted I
am trying to boot from a floppy. However the a drive does not seem to be
working. It seems to be connected properly. I was trying to get into the
bios to check the boot drive sequence however I ran into a password request
which is unknown. I looked for a cmos battery. I did not find a round small
disk like battery object. I was told if I remove this It may free up the
password request.
I need some help here is there a jumper that will free up the password
request Thanks for the help.

Daryl

David Hough 08-09-2003 06:28 PM

Re: question about resetting password in Bios

Some of the batteries were large (1 1/4 ")square and velchoed to the
back wall with a harness going to the mb, which can be disconnected.