Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: charging for trips during service calls? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t661428-re-charging-for-trips-during-service-calls.html)

Ghost 07-29-2003 03:52 AM

Re: charging for trips during service calls?

In article <jflbivoghjefo5eub7sfgloqcbf405atot@4ax.com>, David K
<noemail@fake.com> wrote:

> I've noticed there are some experienced repair techs here, so I
> thought I'd ask...
>
> I'm heading to a family member's office Tuesday to service an old
> system. It sounds like a video card needs replacing, but I'd like to
> check it out to be more sure.
>
> I'm planning on charging about $25/hour, since I don't have
> professional experience (comments?). I'm getting my A+ in a couple
> weeks or so.
>
> What's the best thing to do if I need to leave to make a trip to a
> retail store to pick up replacement hardware? It would be at least a
> 45-minute trip. Just charge extra for the hardware and try to be
> better equipped next time?
>
> Thanks for any comments. :)
>
> David

You can prolly charge for the entire time you are tied up with that
customer- including going to the store for parts.

Many other service type businesses do the same- air conditioning repair,
plumbers, electricians, etc.

But, you really have to look at what is fair to the customer- if you want
that customer back again...