Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: Weird problem (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t661367-re-weird-problem.html)

Ronnie Broyles 07-19-2003 03:07 AM

Re: Weird problem

mine did the same thing--I rewrked the paging ile and it appears to have
fixed it. Go to Control Panel\system\advanced in the Performace section of
ADVANCED click the settings button then choose ADVANCE again look for the
section titled Virtuual Memory and click CHANGE. Look at the radio buttons
and choose "system managed size" and then click the SET button and reboot.
This is how I fixed mine. And it appears to have done the job.

hth

Kevin Kelly 07-24-2003 09:16 AM

Re: Weird problem

Thanks for that.
Tried them, halfway through installing SP1, decided to reboot. Cant get into
windows at all now. Blasted HDD, install process is a nightmare,
BSOD-"Probelm caused by ACPI.SYS, Page fault in non paged area, unable to
copy XXXXX.dll etc etc, the list goes on. I'm just wondering if this can all
be down to bad memory, or a video card problem, i say the latter because
during boot to get to boot order you have to press F11 and the screen
flickers like mad, and the screen res isnt that good till you load the
driver which i did the first time i loaded XP, then as i said i staretd
getting the original problem. Thanks everyone,
Kevin