Velocity Reviews

-   -   Imaging Question on Windows NT4 Workstation plz. (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t661263-imaging-question-on-windows-nt4-workstation-plz.html)

Winston Brooks 07-01-2003 08:59 PM

Imaging Question on Windows NT4 Workstation plz.

Hello fellow techs :)

Got a question that I hope some nice person can help me out with.

I manage part-time 20 NT4 workstations on a Win 2K Server network and want
to format and rebuild one machine. The question is can I then image that
machine with drive Image 2002 and replicated it without any problems on all
the other workstations or will I have problems with SID etc.

You help is very much appreciated

tx

Nick 07-02-2003 01:56 AM

Re: Imaging Question on Windows NT4 Workstation plz.

I am not familiar with drive image, but if you use
ghost, there is an extra program that you run called
ghostwalk (ghstwalk.exe). That makes the requisite
changes in the registry, changes the Netbios name, and
SID. I would think that the drive image program
probably has a similar utility. You may want to check
the documentation that came with the software or
perhaps their web site.

Best of luck, let us know if you have further questions.
--

Nick
A+, MCP