Velocity Reviews

-   -   I finally Passed. 70-291 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t661185-i-finally-passed-70-291-a.html)

Toso Contoso 12-18-2008 07:34 PM

I finally Passed. 70-291

Today i passed the exem 291 at my second shot...935 points incredibly, I
wouldn't belive it.... the first shot 2 months ago i did 640, and now...
935....
Now i have 271-272-290-291.
I'll go for the 70-620 in 2 months but this is much easier than 70-291 I
think.
What do You think-

Toso Contoso

Lawrence Garvin \(MVP\) 12-19-2008 05:08 PM

Re: I finally Passed. 70-291

"Toso Contoso" <Jstconstoso@giastmailemail.it> wrote in message

> Today i passed the exem 291 at my second shot...935 points

> I'll go for the 70-620 in 2 months but this is much easier than 70-291 I
> think.
> What do You think-

The 70-620, as are most Microsoft cert exams, are light years easier than
the 70-291.

As noted elsewhere, the 70-291 is considered to be one of the most difficult
Microsoft certification exams (except, perhaps, the MCSE design exams).

Congratulations on your exceptional score!!

Also, because, having elevated from the 640 two months ago to the 935 now,
you've discovered the necessary ingredients for successful exam preparation!
:-)

http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com

Toso Contoso 12-19-2008 09:32 PM

Re: I finally Passed. 70-291

>> Today i passed the exem 291 at my second shot...935 points
>
>> I'll go for the 70-620 in 2 months but this is much easier than 70-291 I
>> think.
>> What do You think-

> The 70-620, as are most Microsoft cert exams, are light years easier than
> the 70-291.
>
> As noted elsewhere, the 70-291 is considered to be one of the most
> difficult Microsoft certification exams (except, perhaps, the MCSE design
> exams).
>
> Congratulations on your exceptional score!!
>
> Also, because, having elevated from the 640 two months ago to the 935 now,
> you've discovered the necessary ingredients for successful exam
> preparation! :-)

I passed 70-271 with 808, 70-272 at 920 and 70-290 at 728. failed 291 first
shot. Ingredients are always the same, trancender, kaplan, CBT nuggets, the
training kit, a VMware server.
First time i studied all the book, second time, just dns RRas, WSUS, IPsec,
and nothing more. the rest was luck.

Darrell Likely 01-21-2009 03:37 PM

Re: I finally Passed. 70-291

Do you have details on the 291? Things to look out for in the exam?

BRTiger 01-23-2009 01:57 PM

RE: I finally Passed. 70-291

That is good news, most of the posters here know the effort used to get a
passing score on the 70-291 is very difficult. From reading this and other
forums I knew this test really likes to focus on WSUS, RRAS. DNS and DHCP
with a good measure of TCP/IP subnetting topics. Basics, basics basics. It
always seems the same, if you know the basics very well the rest come to you
from analysis and experience.
--
BRTiger
MCP Srvr2003 70-290 Oct08, MCP 70-291 Jan09