Velocity Reviews

-   -   MCSA: Security (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t661041-mcsa-security.html)

Tyler Cobb 03-13-2008 05:08 PM

MCSA: Security

Hey, since I have a background in networking, I chose to pursue the MCSA:
Security certification. I have passed the required exams which are 70-270,
70-290, 70-291, and 70-299. My Microsoft transcript shows my certification
status as MCSA2003 but no mention of the security specialization. Does that
eventually get updated? How is the MCSA: Security certification visually
differenciated from other MCSA certifications, assuming it is since
Microsoft made such a big deal about it on their Learning website.

Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks,
Tyler Cobb

Tyler Cobb 03-13-2008 05:17 PM

Re: Security

Ah, they have changed the requirements. Nice. Right in the middle of what I
was doing. Great. Well, I'm off to go nail the CompTIA Security+
certification to the cross. Back in a few weekends... *sigh*

Well, don't I feel smart. :(

John R 03-13-2008 05:26 PM

Re: Security

"Tyler Cobb" <tyler.cobb@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Ah, they have changed the requirements. Nice. Right in the middle of what
> I was doing. Great. Well, I'm off to go nail the CompTIA Security+
> certification to the cross. Back in a few weekends... *sigh*
>
> Well, don't I feel smart. :(

I don't believe anything has changed, as I remember there were always two
security requirements for MCSA:S. They have updated the "look" of the page,
but not the content.
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...erver2003.mspx

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.

John R

Tyler Cobb 03-13-2008 05:35 PM

Re: Security

Ah, now I feel extra smart! lol Sorry to waste everyone's time.

John R 03-13-2008 05:49 PM

Re: Security

> Ah, now I feel extra smart! lol Sorry to waste everyone's time.
>
> "John R" <jsr^^^813@zoom^^^internet.net> wrote in message
>>> I don't believe anything has changed, as I remember there were always
>>> two

>> security requirements for MCSA:S. They have updated the "look" of the
>> page, but not the content.
>> http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...erver2003.mspx
>>
>> I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.
>>
>> John R

Sorry, didn't mean to sound like a smart arse.
Good luck to you, I'm sure you'll have it in no time.
And... nice job so far :)

John R

Red Swingline Stapler 03-13-2008 07:21 PM

Re: Security

"Tyler Cobb" <tyler.cobb@hotmail.com> wrote in news:edLtb4ShIHA.5820
@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl:

> Well, I'm off to go nail the CompTIA Security+

The good news is this is not a difficult certification at all to get.

PAJ 03-13-2008 07:37 PM

Re: Security

On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 12:21:22 -0700, Red Swingline Stapler
<kill@yourself.com> wrote:

>"Tyler Cobb" <tyler.cobb@hotmail.com> wrote in news:edLtb4ShIHA.5820
>@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl:
>
>> Well, I'm off to go nail the CompTIA Security+

>The good news is this is not a difficult certification at all to get.

Just pricey.

Red Swingline Stapler 03-13-2008 08:50 PM

Re: Security

PAJ <MBLOSSOMpaj-news@news-only.co.uk> wrote in

> On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 12:21:22 -0700, Red Swingline Stapler
> <kill@yourself.com> wrote:
>
>>"Tyler Cobb" <tyler.cobb@hotmail.com> wrote in news:edLtb4ShIHA.5820
>>@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl:
>>
>>> Well, I'm off to go nail the CompTIA Security+

>>The good news is this is not a difficult certification at all to get.

> Just pricey.

That's why you make the boss pay!

B_All 03-20-2008 07:30 PM

Re: Security

First, like many, I apologize if I'm asking a question that has already been
answered, but to clarify things. To have a complete MCSA with a Security
specialization you would need: 70-270, 70-290, 70-291, CompTIA Security+ and
70-299.
Is the above list accurate? I have achieved all of the above with the
exception of 70-299 to date, and would like clarification if anyone knows for
sure.

--
B_All

PAJ 03-20-2008 08:19 PM

Re: Security

On Thu, 20 Mar 2008 12:30:00 -0700, B_All
<BAll@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>First, like many, I apologize if I'm asking a question that has already been
>answered, but to clarify things. To have a complete MCSA with a Security
>specialization you would need: 70-270, 70-290, 70-291, CompTIA Security+ and
>70-299.
>Is the above list accurate? I have achieved all of the above with the
>exception of 70-299 to date, and would like clarification if anyone knows for
>sure.

Yes, that will do it:

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...erver2003.mspx
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/partners.mspx