Velocity Reviews

-   -   70-290: Sims vs. Multiple Choice (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t660998-70-290-sims-vs-multiple-choice.html)

Mishawaka MCP 01-21-2008 05:36 PM

70-290: Sims vs. Multiple Choice

What have people's experiences been with the number of Sims versus the number
of Multiple Choice questions for 70-290?

An even number of sims and multiple choice questions, only a few sims, what?

Jaco Niemand 01-22-2008 08:19 PM

Re: 70-290: Sims vs. Multiple Choice

You will probably get around 3-5 SIMs with the rest begin mc and
drag-and-drop. Real world experience will help you somehow, but you will
still need to know the way Microsoft is asking the questions in the exam,
which doesn't always relate to real word scenarios.

Pay special attention to share and NTFS permission.

news:Xns9A2D62150828Ccatwalker63athotmail@216.196. 97.136...

Mishawaka MCP 01-24-2008 07:43 PM

Re: 70-290: Sims vs. Multiple Choice

In the future, don't waste my time by responding to posts with worthless,
condescending drivel. I am well aware that no two exams are the same.
Hence, I asked what people's experiences were, knowing there would be a
variety of answers.

John R 01-24-2008 08:10 PM

"Mishawaka MCP" <MishawakaMCP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In the future, don't waste my time by responding to posts with worthless,
> condescending drivel. I am well aware that no two exams are the same.
> Hence, I asked what people's experiences were, knowing there would be a
> variety of answers.
>
> "catwalker63" wrote:
>
>> =?Utf-8?B?TWlzaGF3YWthIE1DUA==?= <Mishawaka
>> MCP@discussions.microsoft.com> prattled ceaselessly in
>>
>> > What have people's experiences been with the number of Sims versus the
>> > number of Multiple Choice questions for 70-290?
>> >
>> > An even number of sims and multiple choice questions, only a few sims,
>> > what?

>> I regret to inform you that other's experience of the mix of sims and mc
>> questions will not have anything to do with your experience when you go.
>> 'Cause you won't get the same exam as somebody else so their experience
>> has
>> no meaning for you.
>>
>> --
>> Catwalker
>> MCNGP #43
>> www.mcngp.com
>> "Definitely not wearing any underwear."

So, how does knowing the number of questions, the type of questions, etc
help prepare you for the exam? Are you saying that if there are more sim
questions then you will study moving your mouse, but if there are more
multiple choice questions, they you will study answering "A", "B", or "C".

I'm not being critical, I am just asking how that can possibly help prepare
you for the exam. I mean, you already expect that there will be a variety
of testing methods, that is a given based on your question. Unless you are
going to do some statistical analysis, "lets see, he saw 4 sims, he saw 7
sims, he saw 7 sims, so that is 18 divided by 3, I can expect 6 sims". But
even if you were, by your own reply here you already know that it will vary
and therefore the result of that analysis is by your own definition
"meaningless dribble". Ok, maybe you were just wanting to get an idea. Ok,
let's say there will be 6-9 sims on your test. How does that help you
prepare?

I really am fascinated with the questions that people ask about the exams.
To me, you either know the material or you don't, and the test will bare
that out. If you are more concerned with these types of issues, it seems to
me that you are wasting your time on stuff that is unimportant, and that
time could be better spent asking questions like "Was there a lot about
DNS?" or "Do they get into WINS replication on the test".

But, let's say that maybe you are the kind of person that might say "I don't
do well on multiple choice, but I can find my way around windows easily
enough". Even knowing that is not going to change your test experience, so
once again, even that bit of information is "meaningless dribble".

And finally, if all of my arguments are correct (I thought I was wrong once,
but I was mistaken), would this entire thread not be considered "meaningless
dribble"?

Again, I am not being critical, I am being inquisitive.

John R

Mishawaka MCP 01-24-2008 08:23 PM

Re: 70-290: Sims vs. Multiple Choice

First and foremost, the word is 'drivel', you effing moron. You dribble a
basketball. Drivel is what comes out of the space where your brain should
be. I see now why people resort to braindumps, rather than deal with idiots
like yourself.

Second, you can't really be this stupid, can you? There's an obvious
break-even point when it comes to studying. Time is valuable to most people
(other than the two absolute idiots who have posted in this thread, yourself
and catwalker). I see now why you still live in your parents' basement.
Ambition and social skills are a good thing. You should look into them.

I'm all for being inquisitive, just try harder to be less of a douchebag.
Please don't waste anyone else's time by replying. You've wasted enough of
my time already.

B.D. 01-24-2008 08:52 PM

Re: 70-290: Sims vs. Multiple Choice

Boneheads like you crack me up. You asshats sit behind your 19" monitors, jump
into a newsgroup, and ask lame questions, knowing damb good and well that you're
going to get a lame answer. Then, when you get it (and not the answer you REALLY
wanted), you get belligerent and try to make yourself out to be the bad-ass that
people should cross the street to avoid. Newsflash, flash...you're nothing more
than a font to anyone here.

You're just like all the other self centered egotistical ****-sticks that walks
in here on a weekly basis doing the same damb thing. Every single one of you has
to make a point of degrading the person by claiming they live in their parent's
basement. Do you really believe that every techie on the internet lives in their
parent's basement, or are you really that effing stupid??

Take a walk Mr MCP!! Let the MCSAs, MCSEs, and MCTs help the people that are
asking legitimate questions. You can come back when you can grow up enough to
lose the attitude.

Buh-BYE!!!

--
BD [x51]

John R 01-24-2008 09:24 PM

> "Mishawaka MCP" <MishawakaMCP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> In the future, don't waste my time by responding to posts with worthless,
>> condescending drivel. I am well aware that no two exams are the same.
>> Hence, I asked what people's experiences were, knowing there would be a
>> variety of answers.

Ok, he did not use term "worthless dribble", he used the term "worthless,
condescending drivel". Although I saw nothing condescending about Cat's
response, please replace all of my references of "meaningless dribble" with
"worthless drivel".

John R

B.D. 01-24-2008 10:19 PM

> "John R" <jsr^^^813@zoom^^^internet.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "Mishawaka MCP" <MishawakaMCP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> In the future, don't waste my time by responding to posts with worthless,
>>> condescending drivel. I am well aware that no two exams are the same.
>>> Hence, I asked what people's experiences were, knowing there would be a
>>> variety of answers.

> Ok, he did not use term "worthless dribble", he used the term "worthless,
> condescending drivel". Although I saw nothing condescending about Cat's
> response, please replace all of my references of "meaningless dribble" with
> "worthless drivel".
>
> John R

It takes a good man to admit when he's wrong. ;-)

Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.] 01-24-2008 10:45 PM

Re: 70-290: Sims vs. Multiple Choice

> "John R" <jsr^^^813@zoom^^^internet.net> wrote in message
> >
> > "Mishawaka MCP" <MishawakaMCP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> In the future, don't waste my time by responding to posts with worthless,
> >> condescending drivel. I am well aware that no two exams are the same.
> >> Hence, I asked what people's experiences were, knowing there would be a
> >> variety of answers.

> Ok, he did not use term "worthless dribble", he used the term "worthless,
> condescending drivel". Although I saw nothing condescending about Cat's
> response, please replace all of my references of "meaningless dribble" with
> "worthless drivel".
>
> John R

Noted. -1 for misquoting Mishawaka MCP. +5 for having a great singing
voice. Half time score: Mishawaka -10 | John "Sinatra" R +4

Microsoft Exam Security Newsgroup -

Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.] 01-24-2008 10:49 PM

"B.D." <MCNGP #51> wrote in message

> [...]
> >> that out. If you are more concerned with these types of issues, it seems to
> >> me that you are wasting your time on stuff that is unimportant, and that
> >> time could be better spent asking questions like "Was there a lot about
> >> DNS?" or "Do they get into WINS replication on the test".
> >>
> >> But, let's say that maybe you are the kind of person that might say "I don't
> >> do well on multiple choice, but I can find my way around windows easily
> >> enough". Even knowing that is not going to change your test experience, so
> >> once again, even that bit of information is "meaningless dribble".
> >>
> >> And finally, if all of my arguments are correct (I thought I was wrong once,
> >> but I was mistaken), would this entire thread not be considered "meaningless
> >> dribble"?
> >>
> >> Again, I am not being critical, I am being inquisitive.

Pwned *grin*

I see the alter ego is back BD?

B *don't make him angry. You won't like him when he's angry* D

Microsoft Exam Security Newsgroup -