Velocity Reviews

-   -   Questions and Some comments (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t660392-questions-and-some-comments.html)

dork2000@gmail.com 05-26-2006 11:00 AM

Questions and Some comments

hi.
newbie to microsoft certification world.
i am trying to achive mcp status by taking 70-270 exam. i used the book
installing configuring and administering windows xp pro by walter glenn
how ever, after reading the book through and nailed almost every
question and the end of every chapter i thought i was ready. so off to
the 270 exam and failed with 657.
came home trying to figure out what went wrong and popped in the cd at
the end of book to install practice exam, i scored a 38%. i learned
more from practice exams from the companion cd in the past week than
from the book..
almost every question's explanation referrs to the windows xp resouce
kit. so here is the question for microsoft... why approval a book for
mcse / mcsa when the book didn't remotely address the topic on the
test?
i am staying legit and actually learn this stuff, after taking the
practice test so many times and wrote down 2 pages of note in ant size
font, the questions are repeating it self. where am i suppose to get
practice test that will allowing me stay legit (aka NOT using testking)
measure up's site offer 185 questions, which i think is the exact same
as the ones on the cd...

and would someone please explain the difference between http:// and
file:// search engine don't come up jack

Mostly Gizzards 05-26-2006 06:30 PM

Re: Questions and Some comments

My own personal experience with MeasureUp practice tests:

Anytime I have passed a MeasureUp test, I passed the real one, too. Same
with Transcender.

news:1148641228.217843.221560@y43g2000cwc.googlegr oups.com...

Blackmetal 05-26-2006 09:31 PM

Re: Questions and Some comments

MeasureUp test are very good in terms of the question format very similar to
those in exam. I'm not saying that they are the same questions. What I'm
saying is that you get a better idea on how the questions are developed,
mostly of them in a scenario-based format.

Gareth C 05-29-2006 02:03 PM

RE: Questions and Some comments

i have read the book dork done a course in 70-290 i think you have to be
realistic and start reading testking dont think your a cheat because of this
after all i spent over 500 euro passing this exams its all about the money

Mostly Gizzards 05-29-2006 02:08 PM

Re: Questions and Some comments

Don't use Testking. It's cheating, and your certification is meaningless.
It "IS" about the money, if you consider that cheaters using braindumps
decrease the value of your certification by flooding the job market with
unskilled cheaters. If you want to be valuable as a certified professional,
make sure you know the material and can apply it in the job field. Your
employer will thank you, and hopefully reward you for it.

--
Mostly Gizzards

A+ Network+ MCSA

PP 06-02-2006 05:33 PM

Re: Questions and Some comments

So, tell me what's the difference between MeausureUp and Testking practice
exams?? What does say Microsoft about using Testking? Am I cheating using
MeausureUp? BR

Mostly Gizzards 06-02-2006 07:26 PM

Re: Questions and Some comments

MeasureUp is specifically endorsed by Microsoft as "legit"

TestKing is a collection of br@indump#d questions, and is considered
cheating.

Read http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...q/security.asp for some
good information.
--
Mostly Gizzards

A+ Network+ MCSA

Julia 06-10-2006 10:38 PM

RE: Questions and Some comments

When I was studying for 70-270 I used the Microsoft Press book as a guide but
it didn't get nearly detailed enough. After reading the Microsoft Press book
I read a lot of the sections from the XP Resource Kit and it was great. I
learned more from the recource kit than I did from the book.