Velocity Reviews

-   -   70-270 - Advice (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t660379-70-270-advice.html)

Slave 05-03-2006 06:29 AM

70-270 - Advice

I am currently studying towards sitting my first MCP exam which will be the
70-270. I am trying to be as thoroughly prepared as possible by spending the
time doing the self paced track and also using multiple sources.

Can anyone who has already taken this exam give me an indication of how may
questions I should expect. Also, In the hope of one day reaching MCSA 2003
status, can anyone suggest the next exam to aim at after 70-270 (I would like
to work from the less difficult to the most difficult in the MCSA 2003 track)

Regards

John Strohecker 05-03-2006 12:29 PM

RE: 70-270 - Advice

270 is around 50 questions if I remember correctly. It is also the easiest
of the exams since it focuses on the client side. There are number of posts
asking very similar questions to yours on this group as well as the
certification general group, so it would probably be worth your time to hunt
those down and read them.

After 270 go for 290 and then 291. These are both server exams and tend to
trip people up. 291 in particular seems to have a pretty high fail rate.
The material on those two exams is very similar so doing them back to back
makes sense.

I would have to check the site, but I am pretty sure that the last exam you
will need is 293 in order to be an MCSE.
--
John Strohecker, MCSE

Slave 05-03-2006 05:31 PM

RE: 70-270 - Advice

John,

thankyou, you are a scholar and a gentleman

John Strohecker 05-03-2006 07:44 PM

RE: 70-270 - Advice

Just noticed a typo in my first post. Completing 270, 290, 291, and 293 will
_not_ make you an MCSE...it will make you an MCSA.

Sorry.
--
John Strohecker, MCSE

Julia B 05-05-2006 02:49 AM

RE: 70-270 - Advice

I took it on March 6. There were 58 questions. I'm now studying for 70-290.
I think it's the logical next step. Then 70-291. Then your elective.

I'm taking the 2274 class that goes with the 70-290 exam this week. It's
great. It doesn't cover every objective because there's another class you
can take that gives you the rest of it. The stuff that it does cover goes a
lot more indepth than any of my study guides. The whole day today was spent
on Implementing Group Policy and Managing the User Environment Using Group
Policy. The instructor I have is great so that also helps. I wish I could
go to more of the classes. It's a $2,000 class though and my employer paid
for this one. I think they only budget about $2,000 per year for training
for each of the IT people.

Good luck on your exam.