Velocity Reviews

-   -   automatic updates client question (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t660369-automatic-updates-client-question.html)

djc 04-26-2006 01:44 PM

automatic updates client question

I seem to come across sample questions that have some conflicting facts.

can the Automatic Updates client run on NT4?
can the Automatic Updates client run on Windows 98?
can the Automatic Updates client run on Windows ME?

The Rev [MCT] 04-26-2006 02:13 PM

Re: automatic updates client question

AU client install (for SUS/WSUS I asssume you mean) only applies to:

Windows 2000 Professional with Service Pack (SP) 2
Windows 2000 Server with SP2
Windows 2000 Advanced Server with SP2
Windows XP Professional without SP1
Windows XP Home Edition without SP1

Windows 2000 SP3 and higher has the AU Client installed already

--
..rev.mct.mcngp.44

accepting it.
~Aristotle
..

djc 04-27-2006 04:19 PM

Re: automatic updates client question

so there is no support for the AU client on NT4, 98, and ME correct? I swear
I have seen practice questions implying it could... Man, you can't trust any
study materials it seems.

Henrik Johansson 06-09-2006 02:19 PM

Re: automatic updates client question

Windows Me can use automatic updates.
[http://www.microsoft.com/athome/secu...ading_1.mspx]:
"Update Windows automatically. If you use Windows XP, Windows 2000 Service
Pack (SP3) or later, or Windows Millenium Edition (Me), Automatic Updates
delivers updates to your computer automatically, so that's the easiest and
most reliable way to make sure that you get new security and other
high-priority updates as soon as they become available. To turn on Automatic
Updates, visit Microsoft Update."