Velocity Reviews

-   -   measure up experience 70-292 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t660317-measure-up-experience-70-292-a.html)

djc 03-22-2006 07:56 PM

measure up experience 70-292

70-292 practice exam from Measure Up.

1) sent me a cd that is not the current version. They said the new version
was released just after I placed my order. OK. I'm suspicious, but thats
believable.

2) errors during installation. ok, loosing faith. Their support said it was
a known issue with the current version of windows installer, or the install
shield, don't remember which. So ok, it can happen. But I'm more suspicisous
on whether I can trust the material here or not.

3) graded a question as correct when even in there own explanation it is
wrong. To be clear. Lets say I answered A. The question was marked correct
but the explanation says the correct answer is B. The explanation supports B
as correct, so it was not just a typo. The engine got it wrong. It was
actually one of the type of questions where you click on an option to place
a marker on it to indicate that that is where you would go, like a certian
tab or folder in a GPO hierarchy, to configure something. My answer was
clearly wrong, the marker was placed fully on the option directly above the
right answer.

at this point my confidence in using this product is severely damaged. If
you, like many do I assume, take a practice test and then just go over the
questions you got wrong then you would have never known this mistake.

I should say that I can tell what the problem was. When measure up shows the
correct answer is shows a box drawn around the item you should have placed
the marker on. It is clear that to be correct according to there engine, the
whole marker does not need to be in the box. It appears that even know the
marker is clearly over the wrong answer, if the tiniest part of the
cross-hare marker touches the edge of the box around the right answer then
the question is right. They need to shrink the 'correct' area so this cannot
occur, or preferably use a different method altogether.

anyway I am just unsure of this product now. I am hoping to hear lots of
GOOD things about measure up practice exams from people here to restore my
confidence in using this so I can get back to studying and not have to spend
more money on another practice test provider.

so, what do you think here? Has measure up been good for you? Have you
encountered any issues like this? Have you found the information in their
practice exams to be accurate?

hrljr 03-24-2006 11:46 PM

Re: measure up experience 70-292

The only reason I use Measure Up is because the are a Microsoft Official
Practice test provider. I found out about them from the Microsoft Website.

Julia B 04-06-2006 01:29 AM

RE: measure up experience 70-292

I like Measure Up. When you read the explanations on the ones you got wrong,
they do give you links to articles on the Microsoft website to learn more
about that particular subject. Those are very helpful because they usually
go more in depth on that subject than the book does.