Velocity Reviews

-   -   70-290 and SUS (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t660142-70-290-and-sus.html)

AAFC 11-20-2005 06:03 PM

70-290 and SUS

Hi All

I am studying for 70-290 Managing and Maintaining a Windows Server 2003
Environment.

The MS Self-Paced book has a section about SUS Software Update Services.

They give you instructions on where to go on the web to download SUS, but
when you go there MS tells you that SUS is no more available for download.

Questions:

1) Does the test still have questions about SUS or has it been updated with
questions about the new WSUS?

2) If the questions are still on SUS, where can I download it?

thanks

Michael Geertsen 11-22-2005 01:43 PM

RE: 70-290 and SUS

"AAFC" wrote:

> 2) If the questions are still on SUS, where can I download it?

Software Update Services 1.0 with Service Pack 1

Tom Penharston 11-22-2005 05:39 PM

Re: 70-290 and SUS

GWJ 11-22-2005 05:40 PM

RE: 70-290 and SUS

I took the 70-290 exam on 11-19-2005, and it had several questions on SUS.
WSUS is not tested.

Tom Penharston 11-22-2005 05:46 PM

Re: 70-290 and SUS

WSUS is dramatically better than SUS. With SUS there is no feedback,
unless you run MBSA or check clients individually by running Windows
Update. WSUS on the other hand shows detailed inventory for all
clients. Technically the two are almost identical, both require IIS,
both can run on port 80 or port 8530, both use the same Group Policy
template.

I have a SUS binary but I wouldn't recommend installing it. I learned
almost nothing working with SUS. There's almost no front end.

Dee 11-23-2005 12:20 PM

RE: 70-290 and SUS

What kind of questions did they ask about SUS? Would I be covered having
worked with WSUS?
--
Dee ;o)