Velocity Reviews

-   -   Whats in a Name? using MCP ??? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t660107-whats-in-a-name-using-mcp.html)

Presto 10-14-2005 08:57 PM

Whats in a Name? using MCP ???

Hey everyone.
I just passed the 70-270 test... the start of a long path to MCSA...

I just wanted to know if it is appropriate to use the three letter
designation after your name when in the corporate scene.
I am currently working in a lower level position and am working my way up
and want to actively show my achievements. (Sometimes the only way they take
notice of these things is to keep it in plain view..)

I would like to sign my name like : Sue Smith, MCP
or,,,, should I put the letters on the next line :
Sue Smith
MCP

Or.. should I spell the entire thing out?

Sue Smith
Microsoft Certified Professional

Neil 10-15-2005 03:21 AM

Re: Whats in a Name? using MCP ???

did you hear "Presto" <junkmail@prestoweb.net> say in

> I would like to sign my name like : Sue Smith, MCP
> or,,,, should I put the letters on the next line :
> Sue Smith
> MCP

I would still go with intials under my name. and don't go overboard when
you get a bunch (I have 8 MS designations alone) use one, maybe 2 and pick
the top one.

my $0.01

--
Neil
MCSE, MCT

Briscobar 10-17-2005 01:48 PM

Re: Whats in a Name? using MCP ???

Neil <guess!!!@gmail.com> rambled:

> my $0.01

Exchange rate got you down, Neil?

--
KB

MCNGP #26
www.mcngp.com will kill you! No, not! Only kidding!

Briscobar 10-17-2005 01:53 PM

Re: Whats in a Name? using MCP ???

Presto <junkmail@prestoweb.net> rambled:

> Hey everyone.
> I just passed the 70-270 test... the start of a long path to MCSA...
>
> I just wanted to know if it is appropriate to use the three letter
> designation after your name when in the corporate scene.
> I am currently working in a lower level position and am working my
> way up and want to actively show my achievements. (Sometimes the only
> way they take notice of these things is to keep it in plain view..)
>
> I would like to sign my name like : Sue Smith, MCP
> or,,,, should I put the letters on the next line :
> Sue Smith
> MCP
>
> Or.. should I spell the entire thing out?
>
> Sue Smith
> Microsoft Certified Professional

It's all personal preference. My newsgroup persona aside, I'm actually
rather humble, and although my certs aren't extensive (I quit on the MCSE
halfway through), I don't even bother to list them in any correspondence I
have, other than my resume. Frankly, I feel it's rather pretentious, but to
each his (or her) own. However, what seems to be the most common is what
Neil suggested. Don't use all your certs, but rather the most important one
and maybe one or two others.

--
KB

MCNGP #26, A+, Network +, MCP, MCP, MCP, MCP, Hammerman Crystal Expert,
Brainbench Cert Stud, etc, etc, ad infinitum, homo erectus.
Visiting www.mcngp.com will make you smarter. And sexier.

JaR 10-17-2005 05:36 PM

Re: Whats in a Name? using MCP ???

In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa, Briscobar spewed across the ether:

> It's all personal preference. My newsgroup persona aside, I'm actually
> rather humble, and although my certs aren't extensive (I quit on the
> MCSE halfway through), I don't even bother to list them in any
> correspondence I have, other than my resume. Frankly, I feel it's
> rather pretentious, but to each his (or her) own. However, what seems
> to be the most common is what Neil suggested. Don't use all your
> certs, but rather the most important one and maybe one or two others.

Recent studies by the non-partisan Group for Useless Information have shown
that it's all about ostentation. One cannot have too many letters after
one's name. HR droids can't read, but they can add. If I have 22 letters
after my name I'll get a better job than a guy with only 19!

--
JaR
MCP, MCSA, A+, Net+, MCNGP, Sgt.11D30,USA(Ret), BA, BS, 98 Buick, CSA,

Briscobar 10-17-2005 05:56 PM

Re: Whats in a Name? using MCP ???

JaR <jrderby@lakabux.com> rambled:

> In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa, Briscobar spewed across the ether:
>
>> It's all personal preference. My newsgroup persona aside, I'm
>> actually rather humble, and although my certs aren't extensive (I
>> quit on the MCSE halfway through), I don't even bother to list them
>> in any correspondence I have, other than my resume. Frankly, I feel
>> it's rather pretentious, but to each his (or her) own. However, what
>> seems to be the most common is what Neil suggested. Don't use all
>> your certs, but rather the most important one and maybe one or two
>> others.

> Recent studies by the non-partisan Group for Useless Information have
> shown that it's all about ostentation. One cannot have too many
> letters after one's name. HR droids can't read, but they can add. If
> I have 22 letters after my name I'll get a better job than a guy with
> only 19!

Ret. Roflcopter Pilot, 42nd Batallion, UFIA

--
KB

MCNGP #26
www.mcngp.com nailed the Olsen twins before they were famous.

JaR 10-17-2005 06:30 PM

Re: Whats in a Name? using MCP ???

In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa, Briscobar spewed across the ether:

> Ret. Roflcopter Pilot, 42nd Batallion, UFIA

Ah, the good ol' 42nd. Those were the days...

--
JaR
Thug 10110

Presto 10-17-2005 11:16 PM

Re: Whats in a Name? using MCP ???

**blushing**

I'm a 41yr old who got Laid Off by a company that Sucks!
I decided that the love of my life has a 19 Inch screen and a processor
that Screams when I press it's Buttons..... I decided to "Get My Tech" on...
(.... as my little girl would say....) and work on getting my Certs.

Some people still think I'm HOT.... or at least kinda warm'ish..... :)
A guy named Warloque thinks I'm the "Trippin'est Bitch he'd ever got
his tech on with...." <3 Yep, that's word for word ....
I would have married him :) but Mr. Boring with a PHD in Anti-Humorism
got me first. If he only signed his love notes with his credentials, I could
have avoided years of diaper changing and spent that time blowing the
heads of nerds on HalfLife. :)

LnkWizard 10-18-2005 12:42 PM

Re: Whats in a Name? using MCP ???

"Presto" <junkmail@prestoweb.net> wrote in message
news:jdadnUeUQpVJrcnenZ2dnUVZ_tKdnZ2d@comcast.com. ..
> **blushing**
>
> I'm a 41yr old who got Laid Off by a company that Sucks!
> I decided that the love of my life has a 19 Inch screen and a processor
> that Screams when I press it's Buttons..... I decided to "Get My Tech"

on...
> (.... as my little girl would say....) and work on getting my Certs.
>
> Some people still think I'm HOT.... or at least kinda warm'ish..... :)
> A guy named Warloque thinks I'm the "Trippin'est Bitch he'd ever got
> his tech on with...." <3 Yep, that's word for word ....
> I would have married him :) but Mr. Boring with a PHD in Anti-Humorism
> got me first. If he only signed his love notes with his credentials, I

could
> have avoided years of diaper changing and spent that time blowing the
> heads of nerds on HalfLife. :)

pic's????????????????

Lnkwizard2 MCNGP 2^5

http://www.mcngp.com

Presto 10-18-2005 11:38 PM

Re: Whats in a Name? using MCP ???

**No way** do I want to become the Poster Geek for any of you
sexually repressed Tech Support boys. I respect my face too much.

I'd rather become your Boss and whip you around, maybe chain you
to your desk, and make you type code until you pass out. :)

I am hot, so I don't mind the question.
I'm smart too, which I know you'll never be able to handle. ;)