Velocity Reviews

-   -   70-292... Passed. (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t660076-70-292-passed.html)

William 09-09-2005 07:16 PM

70-292... Passed.

I wrote here before when I failed the exam, so I figured it would only be
fair to write here now that I passed.

Truly do not underestimate setting up a lab. The first time through, I must
admit that the vast majority of the exercises I skipped with a "Yeah yeah - I
know how to set up DNS" type of internal monologue.

The questions are designed to be picky enough to weed out those of us that
didn't actually go through it. Answers meant to trap you.

Set up the lab/test box and go through ALL of the exercises. Furthermore,
when the book says "you can also do XYZ from the Command Line by doing ABC"
--- Do it. Go through the process. Even if you feel sure that you know how
to do it already, and even if you feel that the explanation in the book was
so simple you dont NEED to practice it. I spent a lot of time go through
exercises that I felt were VERY mundane.

But I cannot argue with the result.

Good luck to you all.

Wayne 09-11-2005 10:35 PM

Re: 70-292... Passed.

Well done and well said! "Truly do not underestimate setting up a lab" !!!
Hands on, playing, breaking fixing and cursing :) This is the best way to
get through, the questions are *not* impossible, it takes time and
understanding.

Wayne McGlinn
Brisbane, Oz
MCNGP Silver

fmsmcse 09-20-2005 05:51 PM

RE: 70-292... Passed.

Congrats and hope people take your example as the best one and stop using
"brrrrandunnnpmps" to pass. Otherwise professionals like us will be too much
cheap when amateurs are "trying" (not even doing) to perform our gifted job.

david.farris@gmail.com 09-30-2005 08:39 PM

Re: 70-292... Passed.

congrads on the pass!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did my second sit and failed with a 592. I really thought I did
better but unfortuntely it wasn't to be. The exam is design to make
most of us fail unless you get real lucky. The way ms grades this exam
needs to be looked at. I've been working in a 2003 enterprise
enviroment and I do this stuff every day and I must say "this exam is a
bunch of ************"
It's no wonder more people are turning toward the
Brrrrrrrrranddunnnpmps and it is not because they don't know the
material, it is because ms is giving us all the big shaft on this one.
Just take a look at any forum out on the web and you will hear most of
us saying the same thing about this exam.