Velocity Reviews

-   -   Braindumps – Good/Bad? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t660043-braindumps-a-good-bad.html)

MiniMe 08-23-2005 12:19 PM

Braindumps – Good/Bad?

Sorry James, I like them! Anything used appropriately is a good thing!

If you’ve done your study, completed the practice questions in the books,
used Transender or another practice test engine, and still want more, then
braindumps are it, we haven’t all got a limitless supply of money. The
braindumps I look at are not exact copies of the exam questions (yes that
would be cheating!) I don’t care what they say on the sites .. they are not
like the real thing but a lot are relevant to the level you need to pass the
exams. I use them to check my knowledge only.

These dumps are written by other exam takers and therefore, can easily be
wrong. Which I also think is a good thing! If I see an answer to a question
that I disagree with I check it out, which can highlight areas I need extra
study in. Sometimes I’m wrong but sometimes I’m right and their answer is
wrong. If you use anything in the correct way it can be useful when taking
these exams. And lets not forget .. they ARE FREE!

Maybe I’m being naïve, but don’t automatically assume they are questions
that are going to be on the exams .. no matter what they say on the web
sites, in my experience this is just not the case. Also, if someone just
remembered the braindumps there is not a chance in hell that they would pass
any Microsoft exam IMHO

Any other thoughts? or is it just because you want people to keep paying up!
OK pretty 1 sided I know:-)

--
Spend time to know yourself, this may take longer then you think!

Consultant 08-23-2005 01:58 PM

Re: Braindumps - Good/Bad?

you, sir, are an ass

CBIC 08-23-2005 02:28 PM

Re: Braindumps - Good/Bad?

<BS snipped>

I'm not sure if you're trolling or are in fact the dumbest MF that ever
posted to usenet.
--
aka
Doom MCNGP #38

MiniMe 08-23-2005 03:00 PM

RE: Braindumps – Good/Bad?

Well now ... u guys must really know your stuff!!! I'm sure you have got all
the answers to all the exams and have checked every braindump to see that the
answers are right or wrong ... I on the other hand have better things to do.
Or maybe you all are lemings and took up what other people were saying rather
then making up your own mind! because its not the cool thing to say.

Never mind, maybe you do know and if so how? if you have never looked at
them yourself! Gossip is easy boys!

MiniMe 08-23-2005 03:28 PM

RE: Braindumps – Good/Bad?

I’d just like to add if Frisbee is right and most of the dumps do provide
original Microsoft questions but the answers are wrong how the F*! do people
get to pass by only memorising the dumps unless they understand the questions
and have studied for the answers ..Also, .. not to put too finer point on it,
I thought Microsoft had very large pool of questions that are then weighted
and randomly associated to each exam, thus, no exam is ever going to be the
same as any other.

I will concede your points if and only if it is proved to me they are true
Microsoft questions. Which up until this point I personally haven’t seen

LnkWizard 08-23-2005 03:55 PM

Re: Braindumps - Good/Bad?

> Well now ... u guys must really know your stuff!!! I'm sure you have got

all
> the answers to all the exams and have checked every braindump to see that

the
> answers are right or wrong ... I on the other hand have better things to

do.
> Or maybe you all are lemings and took up what other people were saying

rather
> then making up your own mind! because its not the cool thing to say.
>
> Never mind, maybe you do know and if so how? if you have never looked at
> them yourself! Gossip is easy boys!

You live in a delusional world that is filled with pretty pink flowers
and fluffy bunnies if you think that br@indumps don't cause problems.
These br@indumps and those that support them are the reason that our certs
have lost their value and credibility in most of the IT world. Too many
assfvcking, br@indumping , cheaters have come in saying I have my
MCSA/MCSE and then proceeded to demonstrate that they can't pour
**** out of a boot with the instructions written on the heel.

We recently let one of those weinies have opportunities to exlpore his
career options elsewhere. He literally wiped our internet server off the
net because of his clueless bumbling. He then tried to blame the senior
network admin for the crash. Just before he left, I asked him what he
used to study for his tests and he mentioned several known br@indumps
as his main study source. I then asked him if he had any practical
experience and he admitted to none, but that he did "embelish" his resume
and wasn't totally up front about it in his interview to help him get a job.
Not only was he dishonest about getting his cert but he also lied to get a
job
he didn't deserve.

I managed to pass all the tests for my cert in 6 weeks, without resorting
cheating, by using the approved materials and study guides, having a number
of years experience, and using my own equipment and lab to pratice those
tasks that I wasn't already familiar with. I also had a lot of personal
spare
time to study. I didn't need a br@indump to help me study or any of that
rot that you spout as a justification for using them. I just worked until I
knew
my material and was able to apply the knowledge correctly. I am also very
aware of my limits and skills and when I interview for a position I DO NOT
lie
about what I can or cannot do. I may lose the opportunity for that
particular job,
but I would rather lose that opportunity, than lie, get caught and be fired
because I lied.

Of all the skills and character traits you have, one of the most important
ones
you can bring to an employer is your integrity. If you cheat to get your
cert
then you are blowing your chance to demonstrate your integrity and you are
starting your employment with a big fat lie. Not a good way to start.

You might want to think about that.

Lnkwizard2 MCNGP 2^5

http://www.mcngp.com

MiniMe 08-23-2005 04:20 PM

Re: Braindumps - Good/Bad?

To: CBIC

If you read my origional message to AmyAmandaAllan you would see that I
clearly stated to her that study and Transender were here first ports of
call. I’m sorry if you need to label people with differing opinions. Never
mind is easier to dismiss people that way isn’t it?

CBIC 08-23-2005 04:34 PM

Re: Braindumps - Good/Bad?

Never mind is easier to dismiss people that way isn't it?

Sure is. You A.S.S.F.U.C.K.E.R.

MiniMe 08-23-2005 04:59 PM

Re: Braindumps - Good/Bad?

OK LinkWizark

I totally agree That if by some miracle someone gets their MCSA/MCSE by
PURELY studying braindumps they are an idiot and a cheat. It is clear that
they won’t be able to do any serious network/server administration or
management. But (and I feel like a stuck record here) that’s NOT what I
said. I said it’s a useful final resource AFTER you have studied, gone
through all the books resources and maybe done Transender. I am truly sorry
to hear that this has in fact happened in your organisation, but you do get
idiots in all walks of life. And yes I can see that this would be damaging
to the rest of us who are getting legitimate results. I would at this stage
say I have only ever looked at them for final confirmation of my readiness
for taking the exams. And that was my one and only point. After all the
questions cannot be trusted.

For your clarity, I am a newbee to this site and rarely get involved in
discussions, I’m sorry that this was such a contentious issue and won’t bring
it up again. I will say there was no need for all the personal abuse though.
I thought sites like these were designed for people to voice opinions and
get serious answers/discussions or else what are we here for? Difficult
questions are non the less relevant to our community, and somebody has to
bring them up.