Velocity Reviews

-   -   70-290. Cannot pass and need advice! (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t659943-70-290-cannot-pass-and-need-advice.html)

NeilM 05-30-2005 11:23 PM

70-290. Cannot pass and need advice!

Hi. I've tried and failed the 70-290 twice! First time I studied nothing but
Trancender and got 568. Second time bought MSPress training kit, studied
measure-up questions, studied some br@indumps, took test and still got same
score!! Second test was totally different than first test. I bought the
ExamCram2 book but its hopelessly brief and doesn't go into the detail that
the MSPress book does. I find the 70-290 test questions to be granular and
mostly not covered in either of the books I mentioned.
I don't know what to study anymore! Should I continue with studying questions?
I'm mostly appealing this quesion to people who have failed twice and
passed the third time. Does anyone who tried twice and passed the third time
recommend any questions or reading material?

Davin Eastley 05-30-2005 11:59 PM

Re: 70-290. Cannot pass and need advice!

Neil,

I suggest not using braindumps. They let you down after you've studied hard
and make sure that you can't do anything proper in the real-world. Just
study the books you've got and read lots of articles from MSDN. I am sure
these will help. I recommend the books by QUE (their study guides are
excellent; I'm reading one for exam 70-316 -- MCAD exam -- at the moment).
Often, braindumps are wrong and they don't provide useful information anyway
as they are very rarely updated and they have absolutely no good references
to back up the practise exams. Keep away from braindumps the best you can;
they are also illegal. I suggest to continue reading all of your books and
if you need a refresher read the Microsoft Press books again. I believe that
Microsoft Press books are best for learning the material but they don't put
all of the focus on the exam. QUE Certification books are excellent to pass
the exam; I'm not sure about the ExamCram books because I haven't read any
of them myself. Fit in time for lots of practise towards your goal; perhaps
have a schedule for study time and read books/articles in that time and
prepare some of your own time to do practise exams; possibly every week or
so but schedule the time to read the books for more frequently than that. I
am not sure about which book is the best for an overview of the material,
however I hear ExamCram books are good for that. Only use legitimate
materials for your exams and don't use braindumps. Keep building up your
level of experience in the OS of your choice; play around with it every day
and go through every exercise in your books. I like to use PrepLogic
practise exams for testing as they provide a good overview of information
for studying; you get a free trial edition of PrepLogic with QUE
Certification guides. Books by QUE Certification are very good as I have
said already for the excellent coverage of the material; they go into detail
about every little part for the exams and I'm sure it will help you pass.
Microsoft Press books help you learn the material; QUE Certification books
prepare you for the exam. Although the questions in your books may be
completely different from the actual test, they still give an outline over
the material to test you. If the questions were exactly the same in the
books as the actual exams, if you passed you would be saying you had the
certification immediately and everyone would cheat by buying the books; that
doesn't work. The practise exams are meant to give an overview of the
material so you can find your weakest points and continue revision on those
topics. I suggset going through the materials I've pointed out to you and
avoiding braindumps. I guarantee that following these steps will help
towards certification! Hope this helps...

Best of luck,
Davin Eastley

-----------
www.davineastley.tk
Forums Home

NeilM 05-31-2005 12:59 AM

Re: 70-290. Cannot pass and need advice!

Davin, i'm confused because the ExamCram2 book that I am also using is
written by Que publishing. It took came with a sample of the prep-logic
questions. I find this book to be very simplified. Are we talking about the
same book? also, did you pass the 70-290 yourself and if so, how many times
did it take?

Davin Eastley 05-31-2005 03:17 AM

Re: 70-290. Cannot pass and need advice!

Neil,

What I meant to say was their study guides (note that it isn't the examcram
books). I will refer to the ones I'm talking about as QUE Study Guides.
These books (the que study guides) go into much more detail than the
examcram books. Infact, I'm training for the MCAD Certification as I'm a
developer and not a systems administrator however I may later consider going
through this route straight up to the MCSE certification as I want to prove
my knowledge in networking and study a lot of materials for this. The study
guides from QUE have a lot of information in them and are well written by
certified professionals.
Here is the link for a copy of the book for exam 70-290 from QUE:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...books&n=507846. I
am sure this will be helpful. I guarantee you that it will be worth getting
as I have 2 books from QUE that are Study Guides for the MCAD Certification.
I hope this helps.

Regards,
Davin Eastley

---------