Velocity Reviews

-   -   DNS QUESTION (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t659625-dns-question.html)

*FESWANY 01-27-2005 12:47 PM

DNS QUESTION

MY NETWORK IS

LAB.COM (SERVER 1) (S1)
MARKET.LAB.COM (SERVER 2) (S2)
ASIA.MARKET.LAB.COM (SERVER 3) (S3)

I INSTALL ACTIVE DIRECTORY ON SERVER (S3) AS CHILD OF (S2) . AND
TOLD
IT THAT (S2) IS ITS DNS SERVER
INSTALLATION IS COMPLETED SUCCESSFULLY . AFTER THAT I OPEN THE DNS OF
LAB.COM (S1) AND I FIND 2 ZONES ONLY
1) LAB.COM
2) MARKET.LAB.COM

AND ASIA APPEAR AS DOMAIN IN MARKET .COM AS FOLDER AND IT CONTAIN
DEFAULT ACTIVE DIRECTORY DNS RECORDS , A AND NS RECORD.

QUESTION ?

1) HOW CAN I MAKE (ASIA) DNS OF IT SELF AND MAKE ZONE NAMED
(ASIA.LAB.COM) ON (S3) ??I WANT IT TO APPEAR AS LAB.COM NOT AS FOLDER??
2) COULD I MAKE LAB.COM & MARKET.LAB.COM IN ONE ZONE INSTEAD OF TWO ?
3) HOW CAN I DELEGATE MARKET.LAB.COM ZONE FROM (S1) TO (S2) IN DETAILS
PLEASE. STEPS I SHOULD DO IN BOTH (S1) & (S2).

LnkWizard 01-27-2005 01:40 PM

Re: DNS QUESTION

Didn't you ask this same question in the MCSE newsgroup?

Lnkwizard2 MCNGP 2^5

http://www.mcngp.com