Velocity Reviews

-   -   As of today! W2K MCSA! Woo-Hoo! But what should I do about XP? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t659479-as-of-today-w2k-mcsa-woo-hoo-but-what-should-i-do-about-xp.html)

Karl 10-06-2004 08:01 PM

As of today! W2K MCSA! Woo-Hoo! But what should I do about XP?

Just passed 70-218 and am now a MCSA but with 70-210. Would really
like some advice on what to do about XP. Should I go for the single
70-270 exam, or should I focus on becoming a MCDST in which is two
exams. They both seem to focus on XP, but which one is more valuable?
What's the differece between the two? (70-270 versus MCSDT exams? )
Maybe since I'm a guy with no pratical experience in the IT, the MCDST
would be better? Any/all advice or recommendations would be greatly
appreciated!

nerd32768 10-07-2004 12:08 AM

Re: As of today! W2K MCSA! Woo-Hoo! But what should I do about XP?

"Karl" <mrkk58@netzero.net> wrote in message
news:38d84dc.0410061201.386bf90d@posting.google.co m...
> Just passed 70-218 and am now a MCSA but with 70-210. Would really
> like some advice on what to do about XP. Should I go for the single
> 70-270 exam, or should I focus on becoming a MCDST in which is two
> exams. They both seem to focus on XP, but which one is more valuable?
> What's the differece between the two? (70-270 versus MCSDT exams? )
> Maybe since I'm a guy with no pratical experience in the IT, the MCDST
> would be better? Any/all advice or recommendations would be greatly
> appreciated!

If i were you, i would upgrade from 2000 to 2003 and still keep your MCSA
the only test you have to take is the 70-292. I am currently in about the
same situation, but i don't have time to study for tests during the
schoolyear. The MCDST exams are entry level certs, and would not expose you
to the level of difficulty necessary to keep a job

Lee Umney 10-15-2004 10:23 AM

Re: As of today! W2K MCSA! Woo-Hoo! But what should I do about

I have a few friends doing the MCDST, they say it mainly supporting Office,
Outlook and Internet Explorer on a XP system, 70-270 is more indepth with XP,
Installing, Configuring and maintaining XP Pro, i.e. more Admin side then
techie/support side.
As said above I would do the upgrade exam to MCSA 2003.

"nerd32768" wrote:

> "Karl" <mrkk58@netzero.net> wrote in message
> news:38d84dc.0410061201.386bf90d@posting.google.co m...
> > Just passed 70-218 and am now a MCSA but with 70-210. Would really
> > like some advice on what to do about XP. Should I go for the single
> > 70-270 exam, or should I focus on becoming a MCDST in which is two
> > exams. They both seem to focus on XP, but which one is more valuable?
> > What's the differece between the two? (70-270 versus MCSDT exams? )
> > Maybe since I'm a guy with no pratical experience in the IT, the MCDST
> > would be better? Any/all advice or recommendations would be greatly
> > appreciated!

> If i were you, i would upgrade from 2000 to 2003 and still keep your MCSA
> the only test you have to take is the 70-292. I am currently in about the
> same situation, but i don't have time to study for tests during the
> schoolyear. The MCDST exams are entry level certs, and would not expose you
> to the level of difficulty necessary to keep a job

11-01-2004 09:57 PM

As of today! W2K MCSA! Woo-Hoo! But what should I do about XP?

Congrats. I take my 70-218 next week. That will give me
my MCSA. Hope to join you in the ranks of the MCSA
bretheren! LOL