Velocity Reviews

-   -   Clustered Domain Controllers (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t659405-clustered-domain-controllers.html)

jackal_esa 08-12-2004 12:18 PM

Clustered Domain Controllers

hi there,
i want to ask you about some thing in windows 2000 server.
i am going to build a domain and i will have two domain
controllers,my question is i want to make one of the two
DCs is backup for the other.which mean that it will not be
a matter of just authentication only.
i know that the second domain controller can be used to
authenticate users with the first domain controller bu6t i
want the second DC replace the first DC in case that the
first failed for any reason, so can i do anything to make
the two server typical run the same software(i.e if i
install any thing on the first i want it to be replicated
to the other one so if the first failed, the second can
perform every thing the first was doing.can i do this with
out any cluster software or i have to use cluster software?
i mean that all i can do with out the cluster software is
that both DCs can authenticate the users in the domain and
i need cluster software to make one of them is backup from
the other when it fails it work instead of it?
thank you for your time and your help.
M_ESA

08-12-2004 03:45 PM

Clustered Domain Controllers

sop multi posting you stupid git

JSad 08-23-2004 09:17 PM

Clustered Domain Controllers

By default in a W2K Active Directory domain they
replicate AD info between themselves. If one fails the
other has a full copy of AD and is read to take over. In
the event of a failure you may need to transfer some
roles, but all in all you need to do nothing.