Velocity Reviews

-   -   Exam details which one ? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t659397-exam-details-which-one.html)

Seena 08-09-2004 08:05 PM

Exam details which one ?

I'm planning to go for MCSA certification.Wondering if
group could suggest me which one would be good "MCSA on
Windows 2000" or "Windows on Windows2003"?
I would like to know which some resources like books ,any
good URL,practice questions etc.Can I apprear test in any
sequence or we need to go with sequence like core first
like that ?
thanks

TechGeekPro 08-09-2004 08:39 PM

Re: Exam details which one ?

On Aug 9, 2004 "Seena" blathered:

> Windows 2000" or "Windows on Windows2003"?

Stick with what's been proven, Windows for Workgroups.

--
Tech "Nostalgic Geek" Pro
MCNGP #36, MCSA, A+, Net+, i-Net+

JaR 08-09-2004 08:45 PM

Re: Exam details which one ?

TechGeekPro wrote:

> On Aug 9, 2004 "Seena" blathered:
>

>>Windows 2000" or "Windows on Windows2003"?

> Stick with what's been proven, Windows for Workgroups.

LANTastic!

Bobby 08-10-2004 12:51 AM

RE: Exam details which one ?

Hi Seena,

You need to decide which one you want or need in your present job or the job
you are after in the very near future. If you can't tell which from which,
then go for the Server 2003. It is better to be certified with something that
is more current than otherwise.

Once you have decided, then go to the following link:
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcsa/default.asp
Get the details of those exams you need to pass. You might get the MSPress
training kits that are found in the objectives list or you can search it up
in Amazon as sometimes the book reviews can be helpful for making decisions.

If you want to purchase practice tests, MSFT recommends MeasureUp and
SelfTestSoftware. However, many IT pros also find Trancender a good choice.

Exams can be taken in any sequence you are comfortable with though a good
study plan is advisable. Good luck.

Hope this helps.

Bobby

chun wong 08-10-2004 09:09 AM

Re: Exam details which one ?

It is depended you want to learn the knowledge or a certificate.....

if you want to learn some new knowledge, you should take windows 2003 for
new challenge.

If you just want a cert, you should go for windows 2000, as lots brain dumps
or cheat sheet available on the internet ....

My advise, In an IT world, you will be knocked out if you do not keep
yourself up to date.....
Certifcate is nothing, the real money is in your brain not in your pocket.

@___@!

Rowdy Yates 08-10-2004 10:31 AM

Re: Exam details which one ?

JaR <plentespam@nospamsofthome.net> wrote in news:emLCRHlfEHA.384
@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl:

> TechGeekPro wrote:
>
>> On Aug 9, 2004 "Seena" blathered:
>>

>>>Windows 2000" or "Windows on Windows2003"?

>> Stick with what's been proven, Windows for Workgroups.
>>

> LANTastic!

the best!

--
Rowdy Yates
---

R 08-10-2004 03:20 PM

Re: Exam details which one ?

Wow! Whatever happened to Artisoft?

news:Xns95414201794A0rowdyyates2123@207.46.248.16. ..

catwalker63 08-10-2004 07:22 PM

Re: Exam details which one ?

"chun wong" <cwong@wongcna_co_uk.nospam> prattled ceaslessly in

> It is depended you want to learn the knowledge or a certificate.....
>
> if you want to learn some new knowledge, you should take windows 2003
> for new challenge.
>
> If you just want a cert, you should go for windows 2000, as lots brain
> dumps or cheat sheet available on the internet ....
>
> My advise, In an IT world, you will be knocked out if you do not keep
> yourself up to date.....
> Certifcate is nothing, the real money is in your brain not in your
> pocket.
>
> @___@!

Sneaky little a s s f u c k e r aren't you?!

--
Kelley
aka Catwalker

"I hate the fact that you people don't salute me!"

Jerz 08-10-2004 09:56 PM

Re: Exam details which one ?

Yes the good 'ol days.... At the time Lantastic I seem to remember a
database program called "Clarion" and another word processing and flat file
database that I would swear by name Q&A of course I was using Lotus 1-2-3 at
the time and wysiwyg was the hot thing on the market...