Velocity Reviews

-   -   Exam 70-216 book suggestions? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t659243-exam-70-216-book-suggestions.html)

CGD 05-31-2004 01:13 PM

Exam 70-216 book suggestions?

Hello anyone did exam 70-216 as their elective for MCSA? How did you find
it and any book suggestions.

Yes, I will research the book on the internet..but just asking on this
board.

Thanks.!

Neil 05-31-2004 03:38 PM

Re: Exam 70-216 book suggestions?

"CGD" <cgd70@hotmail.com> wrote in

> Hello anyone did exam 70-216 as their elective for MCSA? How did you
> find it and any book suggestions.
>
> Yes, I will research the book on the internet..but just asking on this
> board.
>
> Thanks.!

70-216 is considered one of the more difficult exams for the full MCSE
path on windows 2000. I will always recommend the Sybex books but you
should consider whether you are biting off more than you can chew. have a
look at the prep guide from the MS site:

HTH

--
Neil MCNGP #30

CGD 05-31-2004 03:49 PM

Re: Exam 70-216 book suggestions?

Thanks for that insight. I have one elective and thought that appeared to
be the most straightfoward one to take..of course I am rethinking that...I
am curious to what electives anyone would recommend. from this list:

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...quirements.asp

thanks..

news:Xns94FA76599642Fneilmcsehotmailcom@207.46.248 .16...

Neil 05-31-2004 05:04 PM

> Thanks for that insight. I have one elective and thought that
> appeared to be the most straightfoward one to take..of course I am
> rethinking that...I am curious to what electives anyone would
> recommend. from this list:
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...quirements.asp
>
> thanks..

if you have previous NT experience I found the 244 exam a breeze.
otherwise if you are looking for the easy out you might consider the
Comptia certification route (A+ and Net+). if you are looking for
something more relevant, check out what current or potential employers
would want you to take. this will likely be SQL or Exchange and you can
pretty much assume that those will be just as difficult as 216...

(though I found SQL and Exchage just plain fun. but that's me and most
agree I'm pretty odd)

--
Neil MCNGP #30