Velocity Reviews

-   -   What functions ? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t659017-what-functions.html)

RealInfo 01-12-2009 08:48 AM

What functions ?

Hi all
How can I know what functions are there in the IEEE.NUMERIC_STD library .
I need to do some math in a multiplier design for DSP .

I will use the IEEE.NUMERIC_STD library but my question is how can I know
all the functions that
this package offers .
I will design it with the ACTIVE HDL 6.3 simulator .

Thanks in advance
EC

ALuPin@web.de 01-12-2009 09:16 AM

Re: What functions ?

On 12 Jan., 10:48, "RealInfo" <therighti...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi all
> How can I know what functions are there in the IEEE.NUMERIC_STD library .
> I need to do some math in a multiplier design for DSP .
>
> I will use the *IEEE.NUMERIC_STD library *but my question is how can I know
> all the functions that
> this package offers .
> I will design it with the ACTIVE HDL 6.3 simulator .
>
> Thanks in advance
> EC

Hi,

I have tried it with Active-HDL 8.1:

Open Library Manager, click on "ieee", now all ieee libraries are
shown.
When clicking on "numeric_std" the package contents with all its
functions etc.
are shown.

Rgds
AluPin

Tricky 01-12-2009 09:25 AM

Re: What functions ?

On 12 Jan, 08:48, "RealInfo" <therighti...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi all
> How can I know what functions are there in the IEEE.NUMERIC_STD library .
> I need to do some math in a multiplier design for DSP .
>
> I will use the *IEEE.NUMERIC_STD library *but my question is how can I know
> all the functions that
> this package offers .
> I will design it with the ACTIVE HDL 6.3 simulator .
>
> Thanks in advance
> EC

Google is your friend:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=num...ient=firefox-a