Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: Testers wanted for new page view analysis tool (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t658919-re-testers-wanted-for-new-page-view-analysis-tool.html)

Travis Newbury 01-11-2009 05:19 PM

How about FANGS ****ing asshole Newsgroup Spammer

Jani 01-14-2009 05:43 PM

On 14 Jan., 02:59, Padmar Mushkin <x...@y.z> wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Jan 2009 09:19:25 -0800 (PST), Travis Newbury
>
> <travisnewb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >On Jan 6, 5:36*pm, Padmar Mushkin <x...@y.z> wrote:
> >> Suggestions for a good name for the service are also welcome.

> >How about FANGS ****ing asshole Newsgroup Spammer

> I apologize if my post was inappropriate, but I did think that what
> I'm doing might be of interest to some web designers here. Oh well.
> Won't happen again.
>
> To Adrian: There were no replies to my original post for several days
> after my original post, so I haven't been checking regularly lately.
> If your offer was a serious one then I apologize to you too.

I would try it of course - but at the moment I don't have any domain,
I don't have any webspace with PHP.
If you know good webspace to hire for small fee - let me know and I
will see what I can do.

Tim Greer 01-14-2009 05:51 PM

Jani wrote:

> On 14 Jan., 02:59, Padmar Mushkin <x...@y.z> wrote:

>> To Adrian: There were no replies to my original post for several days
>> after my original post, so I haven't been checking regularly lately.
>> If your offer was a serious one then I apologize to you too.

> I would try it of course - but at the moment I don't have any domain,
> I don't have any webspace with PHP.
> If you know good webspace to hire for small fee - let me know and I
> will see what I can do.

There are a lot of hosts that offer very cheaply priced hosting plans
that would suit your needs, and I believe there are a few (albeit not
very good, but still functional) free web space providers that would
offer PHP. They always post ads or have some catch, but they can work.
Otherwise look for a host that has a lower end plan for only a couple
of dollars per month and have a normal, low traffic hosted site (in
fact, most plans for only a few dollars per month will be able to
handle pretty well trafficked sites, if you don't get on a mass
overselling host anyway). Again, if it's an issue, look at some free
hosts and just put up with their ads and slowness, since it's free.

Jani 01-15-2009 01:05 PM

On 14 Jan., 18:51, Tim Greer <t...@burlyhost.com> wrote:
> Jani wrote:
> > On 14 Jan., 02:59, Padmar Mushkin <x...@y.z> wrote:

> >> To Adrian: There were no replies to my original post for several days
> >> after my original post, so I haven't been checking regularly lately.
> >> If your offer was a serious one then I apologize to you too.

> > I would try it of course - but at the moment I don't have any domain,
> > I don't have any webspace with PHP.
> > If you know good webspace to hire for small fee - let me know and I
> > will see what I can do.

> There are a lot of hosts that offer very cheaply priced hosting plans
> that would suit your needs, and I believe there are a few (albeit not
> very good, but still functional) free web space providers that would
> offer PHP. *They always post ads or have some catch, but they can work.
> Otherwise look for a host that has a lower end plan for only a couple
> of dollars per month and have a normal, low traffic hosted site (in
> fact, most plans for only a few dollars per month will be able to
> handle pretty well trafficked sites, if you don't get on a mass
> overselling host anyway). *Again, if it's an issue, look at some free
> hosts and just put up with their ads and slowness, since it's free.
> --
> Tim Greer, CEO/Founder/CTO, BurlyHost.com, Inc.
> Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, Dedicated & Semi-Dedicated servers
> and Custom Hosting. *24/7 support, 30 day guarantee, secure servers.
> Industry's most experienced staff! -- Web Hosting With Muscle!

"There's so much you have to go through.
Find a girl, settle down,
If you want you can marry.
Look at me, I am old but I'm happy."

.... happy old man with a page that loads after 10 seconds and show you
a two big banners?

Adrian 01-15-2009 02:57 PM

"Jani" <faerber.jan@gmail.com> wrote in message
On 14 Jan., 18:51, Tim Greer <t...@burlyhost.com> wrote:
> Jani wrote:
> > On 14 Jan., 02:59, Padmar Mushkin <x...@y.z> wrote:

> >> To Adrian: There were no replies to my original post for several days
> >> after my original post, so I haven't been checking regularly lately.
> >> If your offer was a serious one then I apologize to you too.

> > I would try it of course - but at the moment I don't have any domain,
> > I don't have any webspace with PHP.
> > If you know good webspace to hire for small fee - let me know and I
> > will see what I can do.

> There are a lot of hosts that offer very cheaply priced hosting plans
> that would suit your needs, and I believe there are a few (albeit not
> very good, but still functional) free web space providers that would
> offer PHP. They always post ads or have some catch, but they can work.
> Otherwise look for a host that has a lower end plan for only a couple
> of dollars per month and have a normal, low traffic hosted site (in
> fact, most plans for only a few dollars per month will be able to
> handle pretty well trafficked sites, if you don't get on a mass
> overselling host anyway). Again, if it's an issue, look at some free
> hosts and just put up with their ads and slowness, since it's free.
> --
> Tim Greer, CEO/Founder/CTO, BurlyHost.com, Inc.
> Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, Dedicated & Semi-Dedicated servers
> and Custom Hosting. 24/7 support, 30 day guarantee, secure servers.
> Industry's most experienced staff! -- Web Hosting With Muscle!

"There's so much you have to go through.
Find a girl, settle down,
If you want you can marry.
Look at me, I am old but I'm happy."

.... happy old man with a page that loads after 10 seconds and show you
a two big banners?

I use

servergrid.com

in the States. They are good and they are cheap.
No need to scrounge around for a little space.

Regards,
Adrian.

PS > >> If your offer was a serious one then I apologize to you too.
Then send me your email address and I will send you a name suggestion.

Tim Greer 01-15-2009 06:03 PM

Jani wrote:

> On 14 Jan., 18:51, Tim Greer <t...@burlyhost.com> wrote:
>> Jani wrote:

>> > I would try it of course - but at the moment I don't have any
>> > domain, I don't have any webspace with PHP.
>> > If you know good webspace to hire for small fee - let me know and I
>> > will see what I can do.

>> There are a lot of hosts that offer very cheaply priced hosting plans
>> that would suit your needs, and I believe there are a few (albeit not
>> very good, but still functional) free web space providers that would
>> offer PHP. *They always post ads or have some catch, but they can
>> work. Otherwise look for a host that has a lower end plan for only a
>> couple of dollars per month and have a normal, low traffic hosted
>> site (in fact, most plans for only a few dollars per month will be
>> able to handle pretty well trafficked sites, if you don't get on a
>> mass overselling host anyway). *Again, if it's an issue, look at some
>> free hosts and just put up with their ads and slowness, since it's
>> free. --

<please don't quote signatures>

> "There's so much you have to go through.
> Find a girl, settle down,
> If you want you can marry.
> Look at me, I am old but I'm happy."
>
> ... happy old man with a page that loads after 10 seconds and show you
> a two big banners?

I don't understand if you're asking a question or making a statement.
Yeah, it sucks, but most free providers will show banners. But, if
it's free and you want to test something, it could serve a purpose.
It's probably better to only pay a few dollars a month for a real
hosting plan though, but it depends on how much you care about it.

Adrian 01-15-2009 11:29 PM

"Tim Greer" <tim@burlyhost.com> wrote in message
> Jani wrote:

>>> There are a lot of hosts that offer very cheaply priced hosting plans
>>> that would suit your needs, and I believe there are a few (albeit not
>>> very good, but still functional) free web space providers that would
>>> offer PHP. They always post ads or have some catch, but they can
>>> work. Otherwise look for a host that has a lower end plan for only a
>>> couple of dollars per month and have a normal, low traffic hosted
>>> site (in fact, most plans for only a few dollars per month will be
>>> able to handle pretty well trafficked sites, if you don't get on a
>>> mass overselling host anyway). Again, if it's an issue, look at some
>>> free hosts and just put up with their ads and slowness, since it's
>>> free. --

> <please don't quote signatures>
>

>> "There's so much you have to go through.
>> Find a girl, settle down,
>> If you want you can marry.
>> Look at me, I am old but I'm happy."
>>
>> ... happy old man with a page that loads after 10 seconds and show you
>> a two big banners?

> I don't understand if you're asking a question or making a statement.
> Yeah, it sucks, but most free providers will show banners. But, if
> it's free and you want to test something, it could serve a purpose.
> It's probably better to only pay a few dollars a month for a real
> hosting plan though, but it depends on how much you care about it.

Are you saying that you go into the trouble of developing an advanced
product and then no longer care about it, whilst at the same time you ask
for participation in the form of name suggestions and testers [big enigma].

Adrian.

Tim Greer 01-16-2009 01:39 AM

Adrian wrote:

> "Tim Greer" <tim@burlyhost.com> wrote in message
>> Jani wrote:

>> <please don't quote signatures>
>>

>>> "There's so much you have to go through.
>>> Find a girl, settle down,
>>> If you want you can marry.
>>> Look at me, I am old but I'm happy."
>>>
>>> ... happy old man with a page that loads after 10 seconds and show
>>> you a two big banners?

>> I don't understand if you're asking a question or making a statement.
>> Yeah, it sucks, but most free providers will show banners. But, if
>> it's free and you want to test something, it could serve a purpose.
>> It's probably better to only pay a few dollars a month for a real
>> hosting plan though, but it depends on how much you care about it.

> ************************************************** **
> Are you saying that you go into the trouble of developing an advanced
> product and then no longer care about it, whilst at the same time you
> ask for participation in the form of name suggestions and testers [big
> enigma].
>
> Adrian.

I assume English isn't your first language? Who is suggesting someone
develop "an advanced product" and then not care about it? Someone (not
the developer) stated they'd be happy to test it (as a client, for the
developer), but they'd need a web site to test it with. I suggested
they could get an account on a free host if they want to deal with
banners and slowness, etc., or for only a few dollars per month, they
can select from a large number of hosting providers that have cheap
plans and offer more space and bandwidth than they'd need (and they'd
not have to deal with slowness, banner ads, etc. that you would on a
free host). Beyond that, you've lost me.

Adrian 01-16-2009 11:16 AM

It is removeadrian@telfort.nl

Adrian 01-16-2009 11:19 AM

>snippped

> I assume English isn't your first language?

Wrong. It is my "native language" (which was my first :)

Adrian