Velocity Reviews

-   -   Slightly OT (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t658793-slightly-ot.html)

Keith nuttle 01-10-2009 05:26 PM

Slightly OT

We have connected to the digital antenna for TV. Is there any way to
determine if a digital broad cast is in the 4:3 format or in the 16:9
format without flipping through the various format option on the TV
until you find one that looks right?

Bert Hyman 01-10-2009 05:42 PM

Re: Slightly OT

In news:hT4al.18024$ZP4.10987@nlpi067.nbdc.sbc.com Keith nuttle
<keith_nuttle@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> We have connected to the digital antenna for TV.

What's a "digital antenna"?

No.

Don't answer that; at least not in this newsgroup.

> Is there any way to determine if a digital broad cast is in the 4:3
> format or in the 16:9 format without flipping through the various
> format option on the TV until you find one that looks right?

It all depends on the capabilities of the device you're using to receive
the signal.

My inlaws' digital converter has an "info" display that includes the
broadcaster's idea of what format he thinks he's sending, although it
often has no relation to the actual format of the image.

[Cross-posted and followups set to a more appropriate newsgroup]

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN bert@iphouse.com

The Henchman 01-10-2009 10:43 PM

Re: Slightly OT

"Keith nuttle" <keith_nuttle@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> We have connected to the digital antenna for TV.

Try alt.video.digital-tv They'll answer everything you need to know
including links to the local stations and updates on local transmission
power etc....