Velocity Reviews

-   -   Very strange behavior. Please help. (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t65875-very-strange-behavior-please-help.html)

Barry 11-04-2003 06:43 PM

Very strange behavior. Please help.

I have a page with several embedded user controls in a Repeater that are
set to visible dynamically. This give me a simple drill-down. I'm having
problems with the speed with which the page renders.

When I monitor the database, I can see when the data access has
completed, but the page can take up to an additional minute to render
after the data is acquired.

Here comes the weird part. I've discovered that after the data access is
done, if I move the mouse anywhere within the browser, the page renders
immediately. If I don't touch anything, it takes a long time to render.
This is all within my development box, not connected to a seperate box.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

TIA,
Barry

Barry 11-04-2003 08:12 PM

Re: Very strange behavior. Please help.

Well, I'm not sure why, but when I turn off SmartNavigation, this
behavior goes away.

John Saunders 11-04-2003 11:05 PM

"Barry" <barrygilbertusaATyahoo.com> wrote in message

> Well, I'm not sure why, but when I turn off SmartNavigation, this
> behavior goes away.

SmartNavigation is known to be buggy.
--
John