Velocity Reviews

-   -   My Network Places question (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t658486-my-network-places-question.html)

cool 02-19-2004 05:48 PM

My Network Places question

I just setup a standalone AD domain (no access to the
Internet). Everything seems to be working as it should,
but I noticed something I didn't like when I logged on to
a workstation (Windows 2000 workstation) joined to the
domain using a regular user account. I went to explore
My Network Places, expanded Entire Network, and was able
to browse Directory (AD contents were all there) along
with the domain. Is there someway I can hide or prevent
users from seeing Directory in My Network Places and
being able to see the contents of AD? Surely there is a
setting or change I can make in a GPO.

Any help would be appreciated.

Gilly 02-19-2004 06:34 PM

My Network Places question

Create a GPO.

Cheers...

02-19-2004 07:17 PM

My Network Places question

Did that. Can't seem to find a setting to prevent
browsing/viewing of the Directory. Any ideas as to which
setting?

cool 02-19-2004 08:23 PM

My Network Places question

Ok, I found the setting in GPO to hide Directory in My
Network Places. You just go to User Configuration,
Administrative Templates, Desktop, Active Directory, and
set the Hide Active Directory Folder properties to
Enabled. This fixed my problem just in case anyone cared
or needed to know.

Venunair 02-23-2004 04:28 PM

Re: My Network Places question

Thanks for sharing the correct answer with all of us.