Velocity Reviews

-   -   obtain 070-291 exam information (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t658393-obtain-070-291-exam-information.html)

Garnet 01-27-2004 09:27 AM

obtain 070-291 exam information

any professionals who has passed msft 070-291 exam
recently, would you please share your experience to me/us?
I/we appreciate it so much, also thanks in advance!

cover with RRAS, IAS, DNS plus DHCP /w WINS?
is there many questions just like msft 070-290,
lots of graphic, drag, and postion...?

how many questions in this exam? 45? or 35? or else?
how musch time it will schedule? 135 mins or 95 mins or?

James Martin 01-27-2004 04:23 PM

Re: obtain 070-291 exam information

Hey Garnet,

I took this a few weeks ago. Mine was 35 questions, 90 minutes, and I used
almost all of the time just to get through it. Very longwinded questions,
it didn't focus much on sims, but concepts. It's the hardest one I've taken
so far, and I got my lowest (but still passing) score yet. There's a decent
review here: http://mcpmag.com/reviews/exams/arti...itorialsID=102
This exam is in my opinion much harder than 70-290, you've got to know your
networking concepts, and how they're implemented in 2003 (Sometimes as
opposed to how they're implemented in 2000). At times I felt they weren't
testing any of my knowledge, but whether I could deal with their silly test
format on a tiny screen.

Jason Streck 01-27-2004 07:06 PM

Re: obtain 070-291 exam information

I would agree somewhat to what James said. I just took the exam this afternoon and passed, like James - barely. It was a lot of the dialog box/drag n drops with a small amount of radial button based questions. It was 35 questions and it gave 95 minutes. I got done with about 20 minutes left. Some questions were very long and took some time to read. It had a little of everything - DNS, DHCP, ISA, RRAS and WINS. I had some practice tests to study from and they really helped me out. I had also taken an MCSA bootcamp class that gave me some study guides and so forth. Not sure what else to tell you. You can email me if you have any other questions.
Jason Streck

Garnet 01-28-2004 09:29 AM

Re: obtain 070-291 exam information

Hi James,

I spent almost 3 weeks on learning these topics, but I'm
still not so confident to take this exam.

I appreciate Your sharing experience of msft 70-291.
That's very useful. Actually I have read your message
on 1/5 in this community. You are really good person.

Plus, I have went through the link you have copy down,
glad to read your message here.

sincerely,
Garnet

EditorialsID=102

Garnet 01-28-2004 09:45 AM

Re: obtain 070-291 exam information

I appreciate it, Jason!

I will send you emails if I get any questions pop-up,
thank you in advance.

Since I'm brand-new to MS-Windows Server 2003 with very
little experience in Windows Server, got to focus on very
details in concepts and implementation, right?

wish you good luck on your any coming msft exam!