Velocity Reviews

-   -   2003 exams adaptive??? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t658328-2003-exams-adaptive.html)

jon 01-09-2004 11:27 AM

2003 exams adaptive???

hi

does anyone know whether the win 2003 server (290) and win
2000 professional exams are adaptive exams or full length
exams?

thanks
jon

Andy Ruth [MS] 01-09-2004 05:10 PM

Re: 2003 exams adaptive???

It is not adaptive.

--
Andy Ruth
Microsoft Learning

rights.

Marko 01-10-2004 12:10 AM

2003 exams adaptive???

Exams are reviewed at websites such as www.mcseworld.com,
as well as feedback from others in past posts in these
newsgroups.

Another option is to Google it:

"70-290 exam review" has about 10000 hits. Nearly all on
the first page look like they might be applicable.

Now that we have been introduced, I will offer that I am
not aware that 70-210 Windows Pro has gone adaptive and I
am not aware of any significant adaptive testing that has
been implemented in MS Exams to date.

Let's visit the source for more info:

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/

Link "Exams" in the left menu. FAQ seems to be where I
would start. Some info there.
Let's now try "Search for an Exam"
Press the MCSE for Windows Server 2003.
Press any exam, such as 70-290 for info on objectives.

All of this took me under 4 minutes. I know this because
I timed it. So let's recap:

1/ Read through some of the previous posts before posting.
2/ Try a good search engine first. Apart from being much
faster than waiting for a newsgroup response, it rarely
bites back.
3/ Ask somebody you may know who has ever done any exams.
It is perfectly reasonable that you may not know anybody,
but ask your contacts for certification info.
4/ Visit the vendors website for information. So obvious.

Final thought: It may not make any difference what format
the exam takes if you know the material. Agreed?

Consider doing the 70-270 XP exam instead of 70-210 Pro
exam. They are *similar* but the XP exam is better for
your resume and ego.

In any case, good luck!

01-10-2004 03:10 PM

2003 exams adaptive???

I know 70-290 is 45 questions, 95 minutes to complete and
NOT adaptive and SUCKS HUGE ASS as far as difficulty/non-
real-world situations...

In fact I am about 1 inch away from calling the better
business bureau about these morons because of this exam...
I failed it 2 times and the test center (which is also a
school) says that about 90% of the people that take it
fail.

Saltrock 01-11-2004 10:49 PM

2003 exams adaptive???

No these are not adaptive exams. They are the full exam.
When I took these you do not get a score and do not know
how much you have passed by.