Velocity Reviews

-   -   Exam 70-292 Upgrading your MCSA 2k to 2003 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t657792-exam-70-292-upgrading-your-mcsa-2k-to-2003-a.html)

Walking Fish 09-22-2003 01:58 PM

Exam 70-292 Upgrading your MCSA 2k to 2003

Has anyone taken the 70-292 exam? If so, how did you prepare? Any good
(to-the-point) books? The MSFT book that's due to come out soon is a 1000+
page monster as always.. Thanks.

Andy Ruth [MS] 09-22-2003 04:30 PM

Re: Exam 70-292 Upgrading your MCSA 2k to 2003

A good place to start is the online help that comes with the product. You
need to make sure you understand the differences between Windows 2000 and
Windows Server 2003 and how those changes impact administration of a Windows
Active Directory environment. Also make sure to install and use the product,
even if it is in a test environment. Knowing how to manage a newtwork is
critical.

--
Andy Ruth
Microsoft Training and Certification

rights.

Walking Fish 09-22-2003 04:52 PM

Re: Exam 70-292 Upgrading your MCSA 2k to 2003

Thanks, though my question was more "what to do the weekend before the
exam", an efficient refresher. I have the professional experience, I've used
the products extensively and have done a lot of reading. That's why I don't
want to spend my precious free time with thousands of pages of delicate and
lengthy explanations. Since Coriolis went under it's hard to find a 200 to
300 page book and the prices are closer to $50 than 20..

Walking Fish 09-22-2003 04:55 PM

Re: Exam 70-292 Upgrading your MCSA 2k to 2003

Thanks, I just found that other thread, too, where you already gave that
hint. Good marks for patience :)

"MCSE World" <admin@mcseworld.com> wrote in message
> I'd agree with all of Andy's points...you just simply gotta know the

product

MCSE World 09-22-2003 05:00 PM