Velocity Reviews

-   -   HELP: Cookie keeps expiring! (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t65766-help-cookie-keeps-expiring.html)

VB Programmer 11-03-2003 02:58 PM

HELP: Cookie keeps expiring!

I have a login page that creates a cookie. The expiration time (in seconds)
is in a string in web.config. The problem is that I have to keep logging in
after only a few minutes. Any ideas? Here's portions of my cookie code...

Dim ctxMyContext As HttpContext = HttpContext.Current
Dim fatTicket As New FormsAuthenticationTicket( _
1, txtUserName.Text.ToUpper.Trim, DateTime.Now, _
DateTime.Now.AddMinutes(30), False, strUserData)
Dim strCookieValue As String =
FormsAuthentication.Encrypt(fatTicket)
Dim cookieMyCookie As HttpCookie = New
HttpCookie(FormsAuthentication.FormsCookieName)
Dim strReturnUrl As String

' Create custom cookie
With cookieMyCookie
.Path = FormsAuthentication.FormsCookiePath
.Value = strCookieValue
.Expires =
DateTime.Now.AddMinutes(CType(ConfigurationSetting s.AppSettings("CookieExpir
ationMinutes"), Double))
End With
ctxMyContext.Response.Cookies.Add(cookieMyCookie)

Thanks,
Robert