Velocity Reviews

-   -   miltiple network (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t657643-miltiple-network.html)

c-tsi 08-28-2003 07:39 AM

miltiple network

Is it possible to have two Local Area Network on my OS, then all i need
to do is to enable or disable the connection when i am goin to another
location,, to avoid calling all support groups in the area for the
configuration of the connection... example : LAN-1 and LAN-2.. when im
in location-x LAN-1 is enabled then when i'll go to Location-y im goin
to enable LAN-2..

Marko 08-28-2003 01:11 PM

miltiple network

Yes. It is called Alternate configuration under XP and it
is called advanced IP settings under 2000. If the F1 for
help key does not help, PAY a computer Pro to help you
out. They nearly always like to do what they were trained
for.

Rick 08-28-2003 01:22 PM

Re: miltiple network

You only need to do this if people are using Static IP address or two
different protocols on each network. More then likely you will be using IP
on both networks and if the administrator has brains he is using DHCP ( i.e.
the network assigns you the configuration). For more information the proper
group to place network questions is
microsoft.public.windows.server.networking